Rack effects question/ need help...

• Members

I recently bought a 67 Fender Bandmaster and am trying to figure out how I can use my G Major with it. I have been running my guitar into the input of a loop box which I put a distortion pedal in, from the output of the loop box into the input of the G Major and coming out of the mono out of the G Major into the amps input. Is this ok? I control patches on the gmajor and bring the distortion pedal in and out with a FCB 1010 controller. I'm wandering if I should just put an effects loop in the amp. Someone has taken the vibrato circuit out so I have room on the board and a preamp tube that is really acting as a jumper at the moment. I really dont want to do the stomp box thing as there are way to many pedals/ contrlloers to have to buy to accomplish what the gmajor does with the FCB 1010. The need for the distortion pedal is the main reason for a loop. Any help or ideas would be great. I feel like I'm not getting all I can as far as levels or quality running the gmajor in this manner. I hope I'm wrong but need a little help on this. Thanks in advance.

• Members

Yep, you're right. The GM should not run in front of the amp.

For a couple of hunderd dollars (or euros) a tech can add a quality effects loop to an amp, at -10dB instrument level or +4dB line level. The GMN can cope with both. Ik you like the GM then make it a series loop (instead of a parallel loop), because the GM doesn't work too well with parallel fx loops.

Archived