Expression Pedal w/ Voodu Valve

• Members

I own a Rocktron Voodu Valve for studio recording. Looking for an expression pedal to use with it. Tried the Hex but dont like it very much. It is very non-linear in its expression capabilities, plus you have to adjust the tension very high to prevent it from actuating by itself (heavy). Im looking for a good alternative.

Any suggestions? Also, are most brands of expression pedals interchangable with other brands of devices?

Thanks in advance.

• Members

I have 3 Boss FV-500s (two L's and an H, but that doesn't matter for expression pedal use) and they work great, can't fault them. You may need to flip the phase on the cable to use one with Rocktron gear though - I know I did on my All Access.

• Members

Thanks for your reply. Question. I guess if I were to use the pedal for a volume pedal on occasion with my pedal board, I would want the 500H (High Impedance), correct? I would think the 500L would suck some tone if used as a post effect volume pedal. What is your experience?

I would like to primarily use it as an expression pedal in the studio, but as a volume pedal with my live pedal board rig. Thanks again for your help.

• Members

If you're connecting it after pedals, then you want the L - the H is best used straight after the guitar (or perhaps after true-bypass pedals). So it depends where on your pedalboard you're looking to put it. I've not experienced any tone sucking with either, but then I've not used either as a volume pedal particularly often (I have a Morley Little Alligator that I use as my main volume pedal, or occasionally a Dunlop Highgain)

Archived