rack halp!!!!1!!

• Members

Hello there forum fiends

I am currently moving into the world of rack gear, and had a few questions.

I'm looking at buying a 2nd hand digitech 2112, I play mainly death metal/progressive/jazz stuff, would this be a suitable pre amp? If not what others should I look at?

Also, what would be a suitable power amp for these styles?

Thanks !!!

• Members

Those digitechs are pretty good. I had a 2101 for years and it was great. Pair it up with a nice stereo power amp like a VHT and run it through a set of 212's for true stereo dispersion.

I'm not sure they run on standard MIDI though. I always used the Digitech controller but I've heard they're not like everything else.

• Members

hmm, a rather smallish one if i can help it, band is recording/touring so i need as much $$ as i can get.

i have been offered aus$700 for the digitech, so with xe.com's help that is...537.314 USD!!

would you say that's a good deal for a used one? from my knowledge it's in a decent condition. i tried it out with a vht poweramp, not sure which model but it sounded amazing!

• Members

hmm, a rather smallish one if i can help it, band is recording/touring so i need as much $$ as i can get.

i have been offered aus$700 for the digitech, so with xe.com's help that is...537.314 USD!!

would you say that's a good deal for a used one? from my knowledge it's in a decent condition. i tried it out with a vht poweramp, not sure which model but it sounded amazing!

If you can afford to get either VHT poweramps (VHT 2502 or VHT 2902), you'll be set. VHT (now known as Fryette Amplification) makes awsome poweramps.

I have the VHT 2502 that I use in a rack setup and never even bothered looking at other poweramps after owning that one.

• Members

• Members

If you can find a Marshall 9200 power amp with decent tube quality - I'd vouch for its power & tone. If you find even a 9100 - that's 50 watts a channel, that's enough too.

Be warned! If it needs a re-tube & bias (that you can't do yourself - you're talking $300-600 labor + material - check those tubes!!! ;)

Don't forget about an ADA MP-1 or MP-2 either - more gain than you can shake a stick at, Hoss... POW!

Archived