Rocktron All Access Phantom Power from GCX

• Members

Hi there,

I've just got an all access controller for my 2 GCX switchers. I have the GCX upgrade from voodoolabs to have them both controllable with the all access. I'm looking to connect it and have it phantom powered from the first GCX.

I'm a bit confused as to what cable I will need for this, can anybody point me in the right direction? due to my location I will probably have to get someone to make it up for me.

From what I've read online, I need a cable that is 7pins on the all access end, and 5 pins on the GCX end. I'm not sure what else needs to be done, and if i need to do anything for the thru cable going from GCX#1 to #2, don't want phantom power to run anywhere it might cause damage etc.

Anyone with knowledge in this wanna fill me in with details I can take to someone to build this midi cable?

• Members

Surely the easiest thing to do is to get the Rocktron 7-pin to 5-pin-plus-power-socket cable, so you can keep your All Access power supply in your rack. Much more straightforward solution than trying to wire up a custom 5-pin to 7-pin cable. The GCX's phantom power is weird, and you really don't want to be frying your All Access!

Archived