Some Rack Help

• Members

What do you guys think of this rack setup that i'm currently saving for:

Furman M-8X Power Conditioner (Purchased)

Voodoo Labs Audio Switcher

In a 2 space rack drawer: OD pedal (Luther Drive?), Clean boost (Time Bomb Boost?), Carbon Copy Delay, Holy Grail Reverb, MXR Phaser, Russian Big Muff

Tech 21 MIDI Moose?

Cheapo 6 Space Rack Case

Recommend me a cheap but good rack tuner that has a mute function. I don't really feel like dropping $260 on a Korg DTR-2000.

• Members
What do you guys think of this rack setup that i'm currently saving for:

Furman M-8X Power Conditioner (Purchased)

Voodoo Labs Audio Switcher

In a 2 space rack drawer: OD pedal (Luther Drive?), Clean boost (Time Bomb Boost?), Carbon Copy Delay, Holy Grail Reverb, MXR Phaser, Russian Big Muff

?

Recommend me a cheap but good rack tuner that has a mute function. I don't really feel like dropping $260 on a Korg DTR-2000.

If your using a Voodoo Labs GCX Audio Switcher, you don't necessarily need a tuner with a mute function. Connect the Send of any GCX loop to the Input of your tuner but do NOT connect the tuner's Output to the Return jack of the loop. This will effectively mute your signal while tuning because, while you are sending your guitar signal to the tuner, you aren't sending a signal back to the GCX. You can see an illustration of this on Page 8 of the GCX manual, which you can download for free at the Voodoo Labs web site.

• Members

If your using a Voodoo Labs GCX Audio Switcher, you don't necessarily need a tuner with a mute function. Connect the Send of any GCX loop to the Input of your tuner but do NOT connect the tuner's Output to the Return jack of the loop. This will effectively mute your signal while tuning because, while you are sending your guitar signal to the tuner, you aren't sending a signal back to the GCX. You can see an illustration of this on Page 8 of the GCX manual, which you can download for free at the Voodoo Labs web site.

Sweet. I'll take a look at it. Any recommendations for some budget tuners?

• Members
Sweet. I'll take a look at it. Any recommendations for some budget tuners?

I use a Peterson myself, but I'd suggest you do an eBay search for rack tuners, not necessarily to buy one, but to get an idea of what's out there that fits within your budget constraints...

Archived