Best 6-8 space rack for under $200

• Members

Hi

Any opinions of what the best 6-8 space rack for under $200 is? The bass player in my band uses a 6 space SKB roto rack, and that seems to work out alright for him. I've been looking at those and the Gator GR 6 space, but I've heard less than stellar reviews about sinking plastic etc. I've also been looking at Odyssey 6 space carpeted pro rack (heavier and made of wood, but seems more durable.) Grundorf cases look nice, but I can't find anyone that sells them.

Thanks!

• Members

At that price point, it's hard to beat the SKB ATA cases, which I prefer over the RotoMolds. I've had Gator cases, too, but I like the SKB cases better. As long as they're not abused, SKB cases hold up real well.

• Members

I don't like the SKB/Gator stuff anymore, and prefer the Road Ready style, but finding that size used is a PITA, so I was turned on to Audiopile's EWI series.

Will be checking them out soon as I'm about to buy a 6U.

• Members

I have an 8 space EWI rack from Audiopile.net. Price was right and it's held up to my abuse for almost a year with no signs of trouble. I'm a happy camper.

http://audiopile.net/products/Cases/RUE-14_series_rack_cases/R8UE-14/R8UE-14_cutsheet.shtml

I looked at the Musicians Gear ones from Musicians Friend but some of the reviews were not very comforting.

• Members

I have an 8 space EWI rack from Audiopile.net. Price was right and it's held up to my abuse for almost a year with no signs of trouble. I'm a happy camper.

I looked at the Musicians Gear ones from Musicians Friend but some of the reviews were not very comforting.

I had one at one time and from the offset you could tell it was iffy. Luckily it was a 2U and didn't have it long.

Good to hear another positive review on the EWI's!

Archived