Replifex Help

• Members

I'm having a bit of a problem with me rocktron replifex, when it turns on nothing is coming up on the display screen and my volume drops drastically. When I change presets with the knob the channels on my 5150 still change but that's about the extent of it's operation right now. The problem started the other night when it would not turn on at all at my last gig. I changed power supplies to a rigged one spot with a 2.5 mm adapter and now it will turn on and acting as described. Any help would be huge, I'm hoping a new power supply will resolve the issue, but I doubt it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey bluesymetal,

Get the correct Rocktron AC adapter for your Replifex. When I bought one of my Replifex with an AC adaptor that was flaky due to the cord connecting to the AC input jack being abused, I bought a new AC adaptor and have no issues. You might also consider replacing the internal lithium battery if your Replifex has memory issues. If the screen display doesn't show and you're still having volume drop issues, I would send the Replifex out for repairs.

Guitar George

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

yeah that power adaptor is a little unusual in that it is AC...not DC.

and the amperage it uses is pretty high (2 amps I think).

So therefore the wall gives it 120volts AC and the power adaptor kicks it down to 20Volts AC at 2amps...if memeory serves.

Clearly its not the usual power supply.

Archived