The racks are finally finished!

cmw

• Members

Both cabinets are finished! Everything is loaded, but nothing is actually hooked up yet. Both cabinets are roughly 21" wide by 21" deep and have 12U rails in the front and the back. They are constructed of 3/4" plywood and covered in carpet. They sit on 4" casters (fixed in the back, swivel in the front). All told, I figure I spent about $150 on each cabinet.

The left cabinet is the "dry" side. I could run up to seven preamps if I wanted to, in parallel, thanks to the Nobels Split Master and the Rane mixer. Currently I just have my Peavey Rockmaster, and my Real Tube II (both of those run into Rane Parametric EQ's) and my Digitech GNX3000.

That dry mix gets sent to the Peavey Classic 50/50 and over to a second Nobels Split Master in "wet" cabinet (on the right). From there I can feed that into four different stereo f/x units in parallel. For now, It's just the Digitech Studio 400 and the Lexicon MX200. I'm still trying to get my hands on a on an old Digitech harmonizer (IPS 33, 33b, DHP 55). Those signals all run up to the Rolls mixer and then out through an EQ and Sonic Maximizer and finally into a Crate SPA200.

Since I only have the two 2x12's right now, I'm going to run the Dry side into the bottom speakers, and the wet side into the top.

There's some miscellaneous stuff in there too, tuner, power, patch bay, some pedals up front, volume pedal, etc. Since I've got plenty of carpet left over, I'm thinking about building a matching pedal board.

rack_diy_05.jpg

Archived