Need some idea for routing/switching

roadweiry

• Members

I want to rack mount my q-tron,octave, and delay pedals. So with that in mind is my best bet to get a axcess swiching unit since they only have 4 loops and are not crazy expensive. Im not really up on all the midi stuff but I should be able to add addional axcess units if I start using more fx later down the road and keep the same pedal for both units , correct?

Will any midi pedal work ? If so whats the cheaper or the good units?

• Members

Revisedeffectsrack.jpg

Effectspedaldrawer.jpg

Pic002-2.jpg

Pic001-1.jpg

Hey roadwiery,

I've recently revamped my effects rack which originally consisted of just a Furman PL-Plus power conditioner/Rocktron Replifex in a 4 space Mesa Boogie SUS-4 shock mounted rack case to an SKB 6 space rack, Furman PL-Plus power conditioner, Rocktron Replifex effects unit, and an SKB VS-1 sliding shelf. I mounted a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power supply, a Peak PGR4 MIDI/audio router, Xotic AC Booster, Barber Tone Press compressor, and a Maxon AF-9 auto filter. The sliding shelf already has a velcro surface and SKB gives you a roll of velcro to mount your pedals on the shelf. It's convenient to mount/remount the pedals, power supply, and audio router on the shelf to make it ergonomically feasible.

I have the audio output of the PGR4 going into the front of the '92 Marshall 6101 combo amp and the Replifex audio output feeding into the 6101's effects loop. I programmed the PGR4 MIDI/audio router via MIDI to my Replifex/Marshall 6101 combo amp presets. So basically I can call up either the overdrive, compressor, or auto filter connected to the PGR4 that goes to the front end of the amp, my Replifex's effect presets, and Marshall amp channels in any combination I need. I use the DMC Ground Control MIDI controller to call up the presets so the only things analog left on my pedalboard are just the Fryette Valvulator I tube buffer/power supply, Area 51 wah pedal, and a Korg DT-10 pedal tuner.

I was originally trying to find a used Axess Electronics GRX-4, but couldn't find any used at the time so I ordered the Peak PGR4 MIDI/audio router from Peak 2005 in Thailand (http://www.peak2005.com/i/product_info.php/cPath/22/products_id/42 ). It works well, but it's a little bulky in its design and doesn't have some of the features of GRX-4. The audio cabling is still a bit messy as I'm still refining the shelf setup and programming presets with the pedals. It's a very advanced state of the art setup for my rig and it sure makes life easier performing onstage with my Top 40 cover bands with this setup.

Guitar George

• Members

I've gone the route of an Access Electronics router - I've wired it to switch on/off the following: Zakk Overdrive, ADA MP-1, Soldano SP-77 Preamp, & clean/dirty on the Soldano! ;) The second photo is my MIDI controller. I have the ADA controller & a Wah on the floor, that's it. Good luck!

utf-8BUElDLTA0MTAuanBn.jpg

...a look at everything pre-wiring & mounting on the shelf, and the MIDI controller

PIC-0402.jpg

Archived