MidiMapping ???

harmmike

• Members

Does really nobody knows how to "MidiMap" my setup?!

But 1000 people are watching videos of crazy guys who show of with their blinking racks with old 80s sound - hmmmmm....

or do I post in the wrong category!?

I want to switch my Lexicon MPX G2 with a Nobels MF-1 board. But the G2 presets 001-250 can not be changed (stored), only 251-300 can be changed.

But I can not send a programm change (let's say #288) from the MF-1. Only from 1-128 ....

What can I do?!

• Members

Does really nobody knows how to "MidiMap" my setup?!

But 1000 people are watching videos of crazy guys who show of with their blinking racks with old 80s sound - hmmmmm....

or do I post in the wrong category!?

I want to switch my Lexicon MPX G2 with a Nobels MF-1 board. But the G2 presets 001-250 can not be changed (stored), only 251-300 can be changed.

But I can not send a programm change (let's say #288) from the MF-1. Only from 1-128 ....

What can I do?!

As I understand it, your Lexicon unit does support MIDI Mapping, so it should be a simple matter of following the instructions in the manual to tell the Lexicon which preset between 251 and 300 it should change to when it receives a program change message from your MF-1. In other words, you'll MIDI map the Lexicon to change to preset #288 when it receives program change #88 (or 12 or 34 or whatever) from the MF-1.

If you don't have a copy of the Lexicon User's guide, download and save this one: http://www.lexiconpro.com/product_downloads/19/manuals/MPXG2_User_Guide_Rev0.pdf, then check out MIDI Mapping instructions in Section 5.

Archived