Behringer V-AMP Pro + BBE Sonic Maximizer vs. Digitech GSP1101

ck3

• Members

Has anyone been able to directly compare a Behringer V-Amp Pro + BBE sonic Maximizer combo with the Digitech GSP1101? I was thinking about an "upgrade" from a V-Amp Pro to GSP1101, but began to wonder if there is an affordable way to get higher fidelity sounds out of a V-Amp Pro. I typically run my V-amp Pro in L3 mode and would likely place a BBE sonic maximized in the post DSP loop (between the digital amp and analog speaker sims).

• Members

To quote another forumite...

"Sonic Maximizers are the musical equivalent of a turdpolisher"

Just get the 1101.

I'm actually looking to polish a turd and only use basic amp modeling features and effects on the V-Amp Pro, so the GSP1101 seems like it has far more bells and whistles than I need ... though I've read the GSP's intelligent pitch shifter tracks better than many other options, and the user-assignable LFOs and DOD FX52 emulations are tempting features. Decisions, decisions. :facepalm:

• Members

It really is a killer unit. I have one and the Control 2 that ill be willing to part with. im looking to just get a Vyper or Spider IV. I dont play out so i just need something for the bedroom and i was gonna build a small rack around it but $ forbids that at this time

• Members

I'm actually looking to polish a turd and only use basic amp modeling features and effects on the V-Amp Pro, so the GSP1101 seems like it has far more bells and whistles than I need ... though I've read the GSP's intelligent pitch shifter tracks better than many other options, and the user-assignable LFOs and DOD FX52 emulations are tempting features. Decisions, decisions.
:facepalm:

You will be better off with the GSP1101. Or get a secondhand 2101, they are just as good if not better.

In fact even a Digitech RP10 would be better than the V-Amp + Sonic Maximiser.

And for more on the BBE, take note of my signature :poke:

• Members

You will be better off with the GSP1101. Or get a secondhand 2101, they are just as good if not better.

In fact even a Digitech RP10 would be better than the V-Amp + Sonic Maximiser.

And for more on the BBE, take note of my signature :poke:

I love how everyone tries to use the BBE as a band-aid. Wondering if anyone has actually used there Clean Boost in front of any tube amp to dirty it up nice.

• Members

I love how everyone tries to use the BBE as a band-aid. Wondering if anyone has actually used there Clean Boost in front of any tube amp to dirty it up nice.

Boosts aren't always so useful with digital amp modelers, which happen to be the type of gear that is being discussed in this thread. :wave:

Archived