Gator rack's extra rails ???

J.Paul

• Members

OK

I got a stupid question....

I picked up a Gator 8 space rack (used).

The rails that are attached have screw holes that are too big.

It also comes with an extra set of rails that are not attached (which has screws that are a standard size for effects).

It's obvious that the "loose rails" fit on top of the rails that are attached (with a screw perhaps??) so that you can mount effects. Where do I get these screws (hardware store???) and what size do screws do I use? What do I use to keep the screw in (a washer??)

Also, what are the bigger screw holes for?

:facepalm:

• Members
OK

I got a stupid question....

I picked up a Gator 8 space rack (used).

The rails that are attached have screw holes that are too big.

It also comes with an extra set of rails that are not attached (which has screws that are a standard size for effects).

It's obvious that the "loose rails" fit on top of the rails that are attached (with a screw perhaps??) so that you can mount effects. Where do I get these screws (hardware store???) and what size do screws do I use? What do I use to keep the screw in (a washer??)

Also, what are the bigger screw holes for?

:facepalm:

For whatever reason, Gator racks used to come with over-sized holes in the fixed rail, and a piece of flat stock with threaded holes taped behind them. I honestly do not see the reasoning behind that, and while I don't know for sure, I think the SKB clips the previous poster referenced will fit.

• Members

I have the same one, except I got it new. The loose rail is placed behind the rail with the bigger holes. When it arrived it already had 4 screws (with washers) holding the back rail on. Don't see the point of having 2 layers of rails, but yeah, that's what they did.

Archived