No announcement yet.

G major 2

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G major 2

What's the consensus on this processor ? A lot of people complained about tone sucking on version 1. How are they comparing ? Also, version 2 features silent tuning ?

bump

Comment

I've had both and still have the 2. I never thought either sucked tone when the levels were set properly. The second one sounds great to me too. For the money I don't think it can be beat especially if you need the relays for amp switching. Both the 1 and 2 had silent tuning.

Comment

No tone sucking in version 2. I used to run my effects in parallel (Suhr MiniMix 2), but switched to series after getting and testing the GM2.
        Still has some flaws, but nevertheless a great fx device.
        Gibson LP-295, Fender US Fat Strat Deluxe, Haar telecaster. Soon: Suhr GG
        Axe-Fx Ultra, Atomic Reactor FR, Gordius Big Little Giant 2
        Bogner XTC 20th Ann. with 2x12.
        More rig info

Comment

Had both, got rid of the G2. Never had the tone sucking issue with either. Didn't use the G2 to its full potential, all I ever used was delay and verb. The Chorus on the G2 is waaay better though. Cheers, Lucius
          Good transactions with: Brewski, gtpfbod, Xenoanthropus, wassupg,NickCormier, Ben J , Skyhighrocks, JonathanD, gooman, UVguy, Rho, Erocku, warplanegrey, exilea, Jerryp, Mogwai, thefyn, guitarslinger, Mr Scary, madrigal77,Dark Aegis, a few others that have slipped my mind.

FS: Mesa Dual Rec - SOLD! To the man with the big green shoes!

Comment

Both the 1 and 2 had silent tuning.

How did you do it in live situation ? What footswitch do you use ?

Comment

How did you do it in live situation ? What footswitch do you use ?

I set up a preset on my footswitch that was called "tuner", and I just had it so in that particular preset the "tuner mute" function was activated. I know for a fact you can just set up a midi cc to do it on the 2, and I'm pretty sure you can do it on the 1. I use the rocktron all access.

Comment

Thanks ! Could it be possible to do the same with Behringer FCB footswich ?

Comment

Thanks ! Could it be possible to do the same with Behringer FCB footswich ?

Yes you can, thats what I am doing now. Cheers, lucius
                  Good transactions with: Brewski, gtpfbod, Xenoanthropus, wassupg,NickCormier, Ben J , Skyhighrocks, JonathanD, gooman, UVguy, Rho, Erocku, warplanegrey, exilea, Jerryp, Mogwai, thefyn, guitarslinger, Mr Scary, madrigal77,Dark Aegis, a few others that have slipped my mind.

Comment

and I'm pretty sure you can do it on the 1.

I can confirm this. Cheers, Lucius

Comment

Working...
                    X