MIDI HELP!!!

• Members

I want to control the patches on my G Major 2 AND the patchmate using the midimate. It's fully capable of doing so, I'm just confused as to the MIDI cables I need. the midi mate has phantom power when connected to the Patchmate viaa 7-pin MIDI cable which I already own.

Would I....

1) go from MIDI OUT on the MidiMate foot controller to MIDI IN on the G Major 2 then MIDI Out from GM2 to MIDI IN on the Patchmate?

or....

2) go from MIDI OUT on the midimate to MIDI IN on the patchmate, then have MIDI OUT on the patchmate to MIDI IN on the GM2

I think it's option 1, but I really want to utilize the phantom power. rocktron makes a 5 pin to 7 pin MIDI cable... does that carry phantom power?

please help, I really want to make this work!!

thanks!

Trent

• Members

2) go from MIDI OUT on the midimate to MIDI IN on the patchmate, then have MIDI OUT on the patchmate to MIDI IN on the GM2

This way should work and let you use the phantom power providing you have a MIDI THRU option on the Patchmate. This might be either a separate MIDI THRU socket or a software option to switch the way the MIDI OUT works (not familiar with the unit I'm afraid).

MIDI THRU repeats out everything that comes in the MIDI IN so that all commands from the Midimate would be relayed onto the G-Major 2.

Go luck with it. :thu:

• Members
This way should work and let you use the phantom power providing you have a MIDI THRU option on the Patchmate. This might be either a separate MIDI THRU socket or a software option to switch the way the MIDI OUT works (not familiar with the unit I'm afraid).

MIDI THRU repeats out everything that comes in the MIDI IN so that all commands from the Midimate would be relayed onto the G-Major 2.

Go luck with it.
:thu:

Yep, that's the one. You'll need to run a 7-pin MIDI cable from the MidiMate to the PatchMate, to carry power the foot controller, then a regular 5-pin cable from the PatchMate to the G-Major 2.

Archived