Decimator rack or pedal

• Members

Ive got a budget rack going on and Im looking for a noise gate to put in the fx loop of my pod pro. looking at a NS2, decimator G pedal, decimator rack G. The rack G is worth as much as my preamp and power amp, thus making it probably not the best budget investment unless it really is that awesome.

• Members

I tried a G pedal, which weighs twice as much as an NS-2, but IMHO it didn't do anything my NS-2 wasn't already doing.

Rack G is gonna blow your budget right out the door. It's got rave reviews, so should be an awesome piece, but if you're on a budget, I'd say go with the NS-2 for right now. It will certainly do the job until such time as you do have the funds to spring for the Rack G.

• Members

Grab the Decimator G for real. The pedal will do you good. In my experience I believe that the NS2 is a Tone Sucker. A friend bought the Decimator G used for around 90 bucks.

When I A/B'd the NS-2 & Decimator G, I didn't notice any tone suckage, and I use my clean channel as much, if not more, as I use dirt. Looks like our mileage varied, eh?

BTW, although not the genre I'd normally listen to, Mr C, your MySpace page has some rather tasty songs on it... :thu:

• Members

When I A/B'd the NS-2 & Decimator G, I didn't notice any tone suckage, and I use my clean channel as much, if not more, as I use dirt. Looks like our mileage varied, eh?

BTW, although not the genre I'd normally listen to, Mr C, your MySpace page has some rather tasty songs on it...
:thu:

Thank you very much man. I really appreciate it. We're not doing music as heavy anymore and are do for an update soon lol. I think that the NS-2 IS a good pedal for the price. But if you can get the Decimator, even if it's not the G, that it will perform better than the NS-2. I've never really needed one, even though I play what's considered "high gain" music.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I think unless you're playing extreme high-gain stuff, the difference between the NS2 and the ISP G is pretty negligible. I run my rig stereo with a DBX 266 compressor/gate on both channels, which is serving me really well even for the extremely high gain I usually play with. Quite a bit harder to dial in than the ISP, though... I'd love one of the ProRackGs, but they're like $300+ used.

Archived