This Forum Needs HELP!!!

• Members

I hope the plan is to move MonsterRack under the 'Guitars' section in HC2.0. It would be a more logical location and the threads/questions people post in this forum might actually get reviewed/answered once and awhile.

Just my 2 cents.....

I suggested that here:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2511192

Personally, I think it should be moved as well.

• Members

I got tons of rack stuff I used to use and had all the pedals setup and all. I now keep all that stuff in the studio for recording only pretty much and have cut down my live rigs weight after may last band was gigging regularly. The dead weight doesnt justify me lugging all that stuff around when i can get just as good a sound through pedals live, or at least good enough. The drunks in the clubs sure cant tell the difference so, I'd rather be able to move around the next day instead of suffering from sore muscles moving stuff.

If its a really big show I'll go full tult and pull out my stack and stereo setup but in most cases, I'd rather grab tha cash and run after a gig at 2:00 in the morning after playing for 5 hours, often after working a day job too.

• Members

But then all the stupid ones that troll the guitar-sections will find it
:(

I say, let's hide it even better! Keep it away from HC 2.0. The new layout sucks anyway.

Bingo!

This area may move at a much slower pace.

But, I'm fine with that.:wave:

Because, we're not getting flooded with off-topic posts.

When you to the amp forum, you have to sift through a lot of stupid non-amp related posts to find one that is amp related.:rolleyes:

• Members

Bingo!

Because, we're not getting flooded with off-topic posts.

When you to the amp forum, you have to sift through a lot of stupid non-amp related posts to find one that is amp related.
:rolleyes:

The amp forum is a joke. I read a thread the other day on Saliva and Nutmeg, two designer drugs that aren't illegal yet. 3 or 4 pages. I haven't been around here long enough so that if I wrote an opinion to the moderators, they'd do anything but pacify my POV. But jeez, that effin forum is a straight joke. 1 in 20 threads are about amps. Sad.

The problem with this forum is that no one cept a precious few use or care about rack gear. Jeez, we even got several thread starters about squat racks. The only 2 new threads in like 3 weeks. No interest. Everyone has what they want as a wise man once said. And it ain't in the monster rack forum.

• Members

I think the slower pace here has more to do with the fact that by the time most people have gotten into rack gear, they know the difference between balanced and unbalanced gear and how to hook everything up. So there's not a lot of questions to be asked; most people reading this forum are answerers, not askers.

And, if we do have a question, I think it's more likely to be asked, or has already been asked over at GS.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I think the slower pace here has more to do with the fact that by the time most people have gotten into rack gear, they know the difference between balanced and unbalanced gear and how to hook everything up. So there's not a lot of questions to be asked; most people reading this forum are answerers, not askers.

And, if we do have a question, I think it's more likely to be asked, or has already been asked over at GS.

• Members

Not all racks have guitar gear in them.

This. I've seen the occasional keyboardist and bassist post here in the past.

I have to agree though. It's very quiet. That's why I occasionally post in HRI instead for rack gear advice (if I need any)

• Members

Im too much of a rack noob to post at hri, nor do i have the cash flow to run a rack like those guys do. But yeah, how many thousand members and i can get a couple replies to a noise gate thred in 2 weeks?

I only have a rack wah and a G Major right now. I haven't seen that many huge racks (despite the name of the website), so I wouldn't worry about being a rack noob.

In fact, you usually see quite a lot of threads about pedalboards instead

Archived