Where do I get a rack interface?

• Members

Hey:

Any suggestions as to where I could get a 1U rack interface for the front side of my rack?

I need:

1.) an input jack for the guitar (to send through to the back of the rack);

2.) an output jack (to route the instrument signal - not speaker output - from the back of the rack to the front);

3.) a send and return jack (for additional routing capabilities, if desired); and perhaps

4.) a 7 pin midi in jack (that routes to a 7 pin midi in jack on the back of the interface).

Anybody know any retailer or company that builds such items or anywhere else I could get such an item?

• Members

I had a unit custom built by Orchid Electronics in the UK which had guitar input at the front with a feed through to the back with a split off to feed a tuner I had built in. It also had a few transformers in it for powering various rack units plus a Midi through (5-pin) that phantom powered my Rolls RFX MP-128.

It sounds like you need a relatively simple patch panel however, and anyone good with a soldering iron and a drill to fit the right jacks in a 1U case should be able to do the job. Good luck with it whatever you do. :thu:

Archived