Rackmount Wah

thegeek

• Members

So... I want a rackmount wah but I'd really like one that is controlled via MIDI... my new switching system has full MIDI control with expression and I'd like to not have a ton of cables running back and forth...

Any thing out there that can do that?

• Members

Getting a Midi to CV convertor would let you control something like the Dunlop Rack Wah.

There are also a few processor units out there with a Wah effect built in that can be controlled from a Midi expression pedal. I do it with an old Viscount EFX-10 processor in my rack that is set up purely for that (see here), mate of mine does it with a Lexicon MPX-G2 and floorboard.

Good luck with it.

• Members

I'm working on a MIDI->Expression Pedal device that is totally isolated from the device under control. This allows for maximum compatibility with any device that uses an analog expression pedal, which is essentially a voltage divider input. This device provides the same sort of input, but digitally controllable.

The the transfer function from controller value to voltage will be programmable and selectable via program change. This allows for different sweep rates and min/max programming.

Planned are both a single and dual output device, again everything isolated.

I'll keep you guys posted when something is ready to show!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I asked a similar question years ago. I wanted an interface-less, USB/MIDI accelerator style pedal to control wah/volume or whatever for whatever plug in it is configured. The answer I got was (verbatim) "Sorry, USB don't work that way." I found a Moog unit that is USB/MIDI (magic). I would rather have a company make both the software plug-in and the hardware. I bailed on the whole idea and bought a zipper-less analog wah pedal. Awesome.

Archived