No announcement yet.

n00b questions regarding rack, effects etc

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• n00b questions regarding rack, effects etc

Okay, I have an ada mp-1. How would I work that with a footswitch if I got a multi-fx unit such as the gmajor or intellifex? I would like to have a chorus, slight delay and the preamp output of the ada1 but how would it switch and make the different presets having the effects then not? Is there a way to sync them up?
    DEALS: yoyoDunno (Custom Shop Dean) | Uberthrall (Amps/guitars/etc) | standing8count (USA KV2) | kaboompishkapish (Peavey Ultra Plus FS) | dAsPlayzZ (1981 JCM800) |mylilss (Peavey XXX) | FFEMT596 (Marshall for Genz-Benz) George Djentson (ADA Rig) | Spadeace (Kramer American) | DonP (Pickup) | Spindlergallery (Modified Plexi) | RCSloan (pickups/neck) | Surferbeto (Danelectro Reel Echo) + mooooore

I play Marshalls.

http://www.RobGodek.com

MIDI will do that for you.
    Originally posted by rog951She's still the only girl I've met who, after swallowing, would let out a satisfying "ahhhhhhhh" like she'd just finished off a beer on a hot summer day!~Rich

Comment

You need a MIDI controller.

something like the Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro. That's what I use.
      My RigMy avatar-

Comment

If you set both the preamp and FX to listen to the same MIDI channel - then selecting PATCH#1 on the footswitch is going to send to both units, and whatever you programmed into the #1 slot will be selected.

So you can go from :

HEAVY GRIND + ( Chorus )

to :

CLEAN + (Slap Echo / Big Reverb) . with just one press of a pedal change switch.

I decided to use a second, simpler switch for FX and my RollsRFX footswitch just for the preamp. It's not as fast as a single switch setup, but for jamming or practice it's much more flexible at selecting different combinations of things. If I were gigging more I'd program fewer presets and use a single switch again.
        Ita Erat Quando Hic Adveni
        I play guitar, bass and drums with equal enthusiasm and lack of skill.

"Never attribute to malice, those things which are adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Comment

Working...
        X