Any gsp1101 users?

benzem

• Members

In my last band, I used the GSP with a Marshall 8008 into a 2x12 for practice, the big rack and the amp head didn't come out until the gig, and it sounded more than good enough for a classic rock band in my opinion.

Of course it's not the same sound as a head turned up, but it mixes well and at gigs I still used it for the XLR outs instead of micing my amp, since to me it would usually sound better that way. I just put my whole rack into the loop, and my head's preamp within the preamp loop on my Hughes & Kettner Access

• Members

I've been using mine direct to the board for the last 2 years. No amp on stage, monitor with IEM's and the drummer and bass player monitor with a wedge. Love mine.

Same here ,straight to the board any size room as long as the FOH and a decent monitor are there to put it through. LOVE IT!

• Members

i use mine with a variety of classic amps.

it sounds great with all of them, doesn't affect the natural tone of the amp unless you want it to.

Effects are great and with the C2 it's a very useful tool for live gigs, extremely versatile and incredibly easy/simple set up...One freakin' CAT5 cable to the C2.

The software updates from Digitech employee "Stan" have made this an even better unit than what it is from the factory.

The "Control" switch on the C2 can be assigned to any or several parameters, I mainly use it as a volume boost for solos or loud passages.

Distortions are nice, overall the unit does alot of sounds without being fizzy, wah actually sounds like a real wah....well I could go on and on, but just try one.

• Members

Yeah.

Been using the GSP 1101 for about 12mths with my Laney VH100R . 4CM ,so much simpler and my playing/ performing is better due to non tap dancing.

Being a Vocalistguitarist , this has made it easier for me.

Very happy.

Add to the fact that it is an under the radar product, effects are great and the amp models are fantastic.

I'm using the GSP For my clean tones, VH100R for dirt. Very happy.

It's a steal for the price.

:thu:

• Members

I love the GSP. In fact I'm now running two of them (one C2 controls both).

One is running into an Art SLA-1 power amp and an H&K 4x12 cab and the other is for a direct feed to the PA and it's using Redwirez cabinet impulses. Both GSP's are running the newest mustbebbeta firmware (C63).

It's also nice that with two I have a built in backup in the rack.

• Members

I've been running mine threw my V3 for about 3 years now ( since it first came out ) and love it. I mainly use it for the effects and it doesn't affect the natural V3 tone at all when set up that way. Great product IMO. the GSP AN D the V3 :)

• Members

I use one and I like it. I'd suggest the mustbeta firmware though. I use mine with a mesa preamp so the midi controller switches both. Pretty slick. Before I was using it as a preamp and now just an effects loop. I like the versatility.

• Members

I've been using mine direct to the board for the last 2 years. No amp on stage, monitor with IEM's and the drummer and bass player monitor with a wedge. Love mine.

Cool thanks! That's good to know that it sounds good straight to the board. Not that I will use it that way most the time, but I like having that option and built in back up!

Tokai guy huh? Me too. I have an '85 LS150 :love::rawk: and a '79 ls50 LP reborn. Awesome guitars!

Also have a '79 CE-400 acoustic that is just amazing! (D-28 replica)

• Members

I've been running mine threw my V3 for about 3 years now ( since it first came out ) and love it. I mainly use it for the effects and it doesn't affect the natural V3 tone at all when set up that way. Great product IMO. the GSP AN D the V3
:)

Oh Yeah!! I have to sell of a few things, save a little, but I can't wait.

Love my V3 too! Underrated! Amazing amp.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've been looking at these units and I'd love to get one to try the Mark IV and Rectifier models with some Redwirez cabs. Are the Mesa amp models any good? I'm just trying to find a suitable replacement for my Voodu Valve, which is a PITA to tweak, although decent sounding.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Cool thanks! That's good to know that it sounds good straight to the board. Not that I will use it that way most the time, but I like having that option and built in back up!

Tokai guy huh? Me too. I have an '85 LS150
:love::rawk:
and a '79 ls50 LP reborn. Awesome guitars!

Also have a '79 CE-400 acoustic that is just amazing! (D-28 replica)

Hey, I've tried running right into a board and noticed the frequency range is greater. I'm not sure if that's because it's just coming out of full range cabinets or what. But the wah, if used with high gain, will have a nasty shrill high end in tow down. It might be good to have some sort of high and low cut off. :idea:

I hugely prefer having a guitar power amp. But, it's all good really. :) 000s and 1111s still don't do what tubes do.

Archived