Rack/Stand for Keyboard, small mixer, and computer....Recommendations?

9OOYO

• Members

I'm looking to pick up a stand that will hold my small keyboard, small mixer, computer etc..... for my virtual instruments and synth setup and I'm hoping you can help.

I'm looking for something sturdy that may double as a case but I'm just not sure what's out there as I've never done anything with keys before.

Is there a stand or casy you'd recommend? Anything that may be cleaner as far as wiring goes would be great. The keyboard is an Akai MPK25.

Thanks in advance!

• Members

It's a couple of different items, not an all-in-one exactly.

First, does/can your computer fit in an ordinary 19" rack case ? Laptop or minitower, which are you attempting ?

Put the mini mixer on a rack shelf (can be a sliding shelf but they're not exactly cheap :rolleyes:) in the rack case, put the computer below it. If it's a small tower type PC lay it on its side and pack the heck out of it with hard foam like is used in a pro camera case. Leave all the vents clear for cooling. If it's a laptop, I'd probably use a rack drawer, lined with foam for protection - take the laptop fully out and set it up for work atop the rack case when you're using it.

Buy two X-type stands, the nicest ones are doubled tube construction, and have a nice trigger part that unlocks them so it's easy to set up and adjust. Use one X-stand opened widely to support your keyboard/controller and use the second X-stand opened narrowly to support the rack case with the PC and mini mixer.

I got my rack cases used - just check that the latches aren't broken. I bought the X-stands at Guitar Center, I don't remember the brand. The dual-tube type are really nice and solid.

Archived