got new preamp/ effects today! old school baby!

• Members

digitech gsp 21 pro. no foot pedal though....

gonna do a hard reset to bring it back to stock... gotta find the manual and i would like to find a new internal battery for it. no tubes...:p

back to the 80- 90's FTMFW!

:cool:

here is a pic!

IMG_0291.jpg

• Members

Those are some of the best stuff digitech ever made. I passed on at a pawnshop awhile back with a killer price tag on it. I didn't realize til later what it was and have been kicking myself ever since. A lot of pros used them in their racks and still do today.

• Members

after playing with it a bit.... the cleans are heavenly.... the crunch sucks and the distortions leave a little to be desired. this is after a hard reset to the original programs and i am going to mess with the global eq/ speaker sims. I think this will add quite a bit to the distortions. the chorus and delays are awesome! time to play more!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I bought a bundle of rack units from a buddy lately. There were three of those old units in the bunch.

Two of them were DOA. The third works fine. Its not may favorite rack unit. It has a few good sounds for recording.

The drives are very transistor sounding so its not something I'll use a whole lot.

Maybe good for hard rock stuff. $50 is about the going price though.

I got an ART 2000 in the bunch which I like alot more.

It does have twice the effects and multiple choices of each of the effects.

They got a preamp tube in there too which adds to the variety of tones.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Wow, flashback to reading Musician's Friend catelogs in high school. A friend of mine still uses a GSP 2101 from time to time. There are some cool effects if you skip past the lackluster preamp sounds. At least in that unit, we were able to route past the preamp straight to the effects block.

• 1 month later...

Archived