Snax vs 11 rack for live

• 6 months later...
  • Members

I like my Eleven Rack, send either mono or stereo line level signal to the mixer. I use a EV LiveX powered monitor for practice but I leave all the heavy stuff at home for gigs. It's amazing how fast I got over having a couple of 412's on stage once I heard my guitar blazing through 4 different monitors in various locations on stage. And our sound guy doesn't want to kill me anymore.

• Members

FDB, whats the patch change time like, is it a smooth switch, no unpleasant volume pops or anything and do the effects spillover from one patch to the next? Also do you know any other 11R users that have used the Behringer FCB 1010 pedal board with much success?

• Members

Actually FDB i have several questions you may be able to help me with since i am on the cusp of making my final decision on whether to go Pod HD or 11R. Now i currently use an Apogee Duet as my interface and to send signal to my Stereo amp and on to the speakers. Do i understand correctly that the 11R will essentialy cut the duet out of the equation altogether since it will connect to my Mac through USB and not require any further audio connections to record/play through and also will the 11R provide the appropriate outputs to send to my amp. My duet has 1/4 outs with phono connectors into the "Aux In" of the amp. Im using Logic and Garageband at the moment but would be prepared to switch back to ProTools in order to fully utilise the 11R however i would still like to be able to use GBand, so does the unit still provide audio into other software through the USB or would i need an interface and go in through the duet as usual?

• Members

There is a very slight lag when switching patches, I notice more when I'm recording scratch tracks. I don't really notice it when I'm playing at gigs. As far as I know, there is no effects spill over. I use a Rocktron MidiMate and set it up so the bottom row of buttons do patch changes while the top row turns effects on/off. This way when I need delay, distortion, etc., I'm not changing a patch and not having the lag( about 2 ms). When I've recorded outside of ProTools, I've used the XLR outs into a digital interface, so you may still need the Apogge. When I use ProTools it's USB out into the computer. http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33 is the link for the Eleven rack forum, there are a number of user's that switch their ER's with the FCB1010.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived