I need some rack help and opinions.

• Members

My ultimate goal here is to set up a small recording studio after remodeling parts of and soundproofing my garage Besides all of the other rackmount stuff that will need to go into a semi decent recording studio, I'd like to have 1 or 2 seperate guitar rigs. I think we have some pretty decent talent around here, but it's near impossible to get them into a studio to cut demos full albums and EP's due to price and availability of very few other studios.

So as a basic run down, what are some of the most vital amp preamps and power amps needed. All need f/x, switching, all that good jazz. I've already got a Mesa Triple Recto, Mesa Tremoverb, and a Marshall DSL50 along with an assortment of other cabs to stick in there.

What else do you think would be essential for a project like this?

• Members

How big is the garage/studio area? If physical space is tight might be worth thinking of something like an Axe-FX that can be used to record direct as well as providing an enormous choice of sounds. Digitech GSP 1101 would be a budget alternative if the Axe FX is too expensive.

• Members

How big is the garage/studio area? If physical space is tight might be worth thinking of something like an Axe-FX that can be used to record direct as well as providing an enormous choice of sounds. Digitech GSP 1101 would be a budget alternative if the Axe FX is too expensive.

It's a 2 1/2 car garage. I'm actually thinking about adding on to it and finishing it as well. I've seriously considered an Axe FX or 11rack for personal use, so they're not out of the question.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I'm going to recommend Eventide for the FX portion of the program. That will get any job done and is extremely versatile. Even if you don't go with one of their rack units, they make some killer pedals like the Timefactor, for example.

Archived