PreAmp, Equalizer

tok

• Members

Ok the band I'm in doesn't mic the drums and they've complained my amp is too overpowering (your opinions on that are welcome). I ran directly into the PA last time but the other guitarist says I really need at least the head part of an amp to improve the sound. Can I accomplish this with a rack mounted preamp? If so, I use a Fender Strat and I play in a country band, any (lower cost) recommendations?

Also, I used to play a Les Paul and I'm not used to the treble of the strat, is it worth investing in an equalizer for that or are those really more of an overall band thing?

• Members

Sorry, I had just planned on not using the amp, it's a 50w so yeah maybe I need to try one of those amps. No one else in the band uses amps, the other guitarist has a (I think) Marshall Micro Stack and he just uses the head during gigs. So I was hoping a preamp would accomplish the same thing. I'll check those two amp suggestions out though.

Are you saying I could just use the DI box instead of an amp Rezrover? I did have a DI box when I ran directly in. If that accomplishes the same thing that'll save me the money of having to get a new amp...

Archived