old DMC Ground Control

• Members

I can't find too much info on this one... how many PC's, CC's, etc... and also there seems to be an "expansion module" for it that I've seen in a couple rigs... what's that one capable of?

Is there any way I can have the DMC so the first row sends PC, the second row CC, and the module gives me additional PC? Well.. let's hold the horses here. First of all, what's the original capable of?

Thanks!

Andy

• Members

ok... so I read the manual for both the old Ground Control and the Ground Link.

Let's assume I don't have a GCX (which I don't yet). I can basically use the Ground Control for PC's and the Ground Link for CC's. Did I get that right? It just doesn't state whether or not it sends multiple/how many...

~Andy

• Members

Hey George!

My setup as of now is rather small...

Rane MPE14

Intellifex

TSR-24S (which I'll sell at some point)

In addition, I'll get a delay (probably SDD-2000)

Some sort of switcher (for a couple pedals)

And maybe a noise gate or a DHP-33.

It'll basically be an 8 space fx rack,

and I'll also want to control my head (Rocktron Vendetta, listens to midi) with it. Problem is that I think it only "knows" program changes 1-4....

I'd like to have about 8 PC switches for that, which is about all I'd ever need. And about 4 CC switches for tap tempo and some stuff I only use occasionally. So I figured a Ground Control and a Ground Link if I could ever find one.

Thanks

Andy

• Members

Hey methusalem,

That's a great setup there!! I also own the Rocktron Vendetta 100 watt tube amp head as you can see in my signature. I just use the Rocktron Replifex & my Ground Control to switch channels on my Vendetta & effects presets on my Replifex. Programming the Vendetta is easy. I just select the channel I want from the channel select button located by the guitar input jack, select the channel, and save the channel preset to my effects preset on the Replifex by holding down the channel select button for 2 seconds. I have the Ground Control preset access set to bank mode to access all 10 presets in my setup. The presets 1-4 that you're referring is bank4 mode. You'll have to access the Ground Control menu to change your preset access settings. The manual will show you how to access the menu and its different settings.

You're going to need the Voodoo Labs GCX audio switcher & Ground Link if you intend to do tap tempo & switching pedals on/off in a sliding shelf setup. The Ground Link pedal is hard to find and I got lucky when I found mine on E-bay. I haven't used it yet since I'm deciding to revamp my large guitar rack soon. Let me know how you're doing on setting up your Ground Control with your rack rig.

Guitar George

• Members

thanks for the info, George!

It's very much appreciated.

Yeah, I figured the Ground Link is very rare, but it'd be a great solution for my rig right now. We'll see if I can find one. How are you liking the Vendetta? Which speakers are you running it through, and with which tubes?

Thanks

Andy

• Members

Yeah, I figured the Ground Link is very rare, but it'd be a great solution for my rig right now. We'll see if I can find one. How are you liking the Vendetta? Which speakers are you running it through, and with which tubes?

Thanks

Andy

Hey Methusalem,

NP, dude!! I'm glad to help a guitar rack brother out. The Vendetta sounds great for the type of music I play. I mainly gig in a Top 40 band and a hard rock/metal cover band. I've been using the Vendetta with 6L6 power tubes that came with the amp and a Peavey 412MS 4x12 slant cab loaded w/ Celestion G-12K85 speakers with my hard rock/metal cover band. I got lucky because the seller also included an Anvil amp head roadcase with the Vendetta.:thu: The speakers sound big & fat and doesn't have the harsh midrange of the Celeston Vintage 30. As soon as the 6L6 power tubes wear out, I'm going to buy a set of EL-34 power tubes and rebias the Vendetta amp for those tubes.

I'm glad I bought the Vendetta amp as I've sized down from both my small & large guitar racks, but use a baby effects rack w/ my Replifex effects processor now.

Guitar George

• Members

Thanks

Andy

Hey Methusalem,

NP, dude!! I'm glad to help a guitar rack brother out. The Vendetta sounds great for the type of music I play. I mainly gig in a Top 40 band and a hard rock/metal cover band. I've been using the Vendetta with 6L6 power tubes that came with the amp and a Peavey 412MS 4x12 slant cab loaded w/ Celestion G-12K85 speakers with my hard rock/metal cover band. I got lucky because the seller also included an Anvil amp head roadcase with the Vendetta.:thu: The speakers sound big & fat and doesn't have the harsh midrange of the Celeston Vintage 30. As soon as the 6L6 power tubes wear out, I'm going to buy a set of EL-34 power tubes and rebias the Vendetta amp for those tubes.

I'm glad I bought the Vendetta amp as I've sized down from both my small & large guitar racks, but use a baby effects rack w/ my Replifex effects processor now.

Guitar George

• Members

so you called a 65 pound 100W head "sizing down", eh?

Hey methusalem,

Compared to both of my guitar rack rigs:

Guitarrack1.jpg

8spacerack.jpg

I'm happy not to haul out the 20 space monster guitar rack rig. That damn thing is heavy and needs 2 people to move it around. It stays at home now and I'm going to reconfigure it soon. The 8 space rack rig is very cool and it's the one I'll likely to use if I gig on a bigger stage with a 2x12 stereo guitar cab.

ha, yeah, I still want a MP-1 though and mod it... maybe switch between both preamps, and us the Vendetta power section... I love that it has midi!

Both of the previously stock ADA MP-1 preamps in the pictures above are the ADA Depot 3TM "Ultra Mod" MP-1 preamps. They're improved versions of the original Todd Langner 3TM mods from the '90s with noise mod, upgraded software, new lithium batteries, and a rear input jack installed on both of them. The solid state channel remains stock, the tube clean channel is more brown sounding, and the distorted tube channel just absolutely screams. With a nice tube power amp, no other preamp on the market can keep up.

This is my other setup:

Pic012.jpg

Pic082.jpg

Pic066.jpg

I use either the '92 Marshall 6101 combo amp or the Rocktron Vendetta amp head/4x12 cab with the 4 space rack containing the Furman PL-Plus & Rocktron Replifex. This is the stripped down rig I was talking about. I've been using both of these amps a lot lately since my Top 40 gigs requires authentic sounds with a smaller setup onstage. The Vendetta sees action with my hard rock/metal cover band.

Guitar George

• 4 years later...
  • Members

can anyone help me.... going crazy. read all manuals but doesnt really explain exactly how or i just dont get it. either way, i have ground control pro to a gcx to a replifex. first four buttons on gc pro go to first 4 loops on gcx for channel switching of my triple rec and 4 future loops once i get this up and running. i want to make all insant access buttons on my gc pro control effects in replifex individually like ax effects or gmajor. is this possible? how? i know how to assign presets/loops to my preset buttons but i want more versatility, or do i go with another processor? can i use 1-4 on gc pro to control channel switching AND assign effects to them? i am new to midi and stuff so plz keep that in mind, but i have a pretty good grasp after ready and messing with everything for weeks now lol. thank you.

Archived