Par 64s Power

slystewart

• Members

Looking at Par 64s 500 or 1000 watts.I would like to use the 1000s ,also be able to use better coloured gels,but some clubs we play the lighting is close to the stage..how much heat and at what distance should these be set up to get good effects at safe distance. Stewart (UK)

• Members

Originally posted by slystewart:

Looking at Par 64s 500 or 1000 watts.I would like to use the 1000s ,also be able to use better coloured gels,but some clubs we play the lighting is close to the stage..how much heat and at what distance should these be set up to get good effects at safe distance. Stewart (UK)

Lots and lots of heat. Too the point that my 2 guitarists would rather play in the dark. I am looking at some 56's which I can lamp as low as 250w. We played a gig last night and the band nixed the lighting. :mad: I had just spent 140$ relamping 4 64's. We essentially played in the same room light as the the rest of the bar. Go with smaller to start but not as small as the 38's. 46's shoul work for most small to medium clubs. Anylarger clubs I have seen have their own lighting rigs.

My 2 cents.

• Members

The problem with Par64 1000watts lamps if they burn gel, even high temperature gel, light colours and all. You have to run them quite low which creates a yellowish glow. The heat is intense too and there is more chance of frying your hands if you touch them whilst they are one. 500watt lamps do too of course.

There is nothing wrong with 500watt CP88's in a Par64 shell for most moderately sized venues providing you have enough of them to cover the stage.

Cya

SteveR

Archived