Need color changers

vlad335

• Members

Hey guys! been away for awhile but wandered back in here to ask for some help. :facepalm: Just got the band back together and gigging since a guitar player fiasco last October.

Anyway... I have 4 Chauvet color changers and they have to go. I can't stand it anymore! I can't remember the last time all 4 worked at the same time. they blow bulbs constantly and work randomly. I have the 4 numbered and it's not always the same ones at fault either. I can get all 4 working before the gig then like clockwork, one or two will go out. Last Saturday, number 3 and 4 blacked out and I had to move 1 and 2 into the center.

saint1.jpg

saint5.jpg

saint2.jpg

You can see them lighted green over the drummer in the 3rd pic. There are 2 more, one each end that are out. :mad:

They look awesome but I have to get something else thats more reliable, preferably LED. Not having all 4 is hurting the lightshow. I was looking at the ADJ Trispots and wondered what you guys thought of them. I would love to pick up 4 VEI Novacolors but I went to their site and they are no longer listed there. Plus I don't have alot of cash to work with anyway.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Members

They look awesome but I have to get something else thats more reliable, preferably LED. Not having all 4 is hurting the lightshow. I was looking at the ADJ Trispots and wondered what you guys thought of them. I would love to pick up 4 VEI Novacolors but I went to their site and they are no longer listed there. Plus I don't have alot of cash to work with anyway.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The ADJ trispots have a narrower beam angle and would be significantly dimmer. You need more than a 20W LED to equal the output of a 250W halogen lamp (which I assume is what you're using). There really isn't a perfect product out yet, the closest is the ADJ X-Color LED with a 20W source diode. It also seems fairly compact for what it is (under 8 inches on each dimension). You can probably get significant discounts on any quantity of them from either of the dealers here on the forum - DJS Biff and BillESC.

Also, welcome back to the lighting forum.

Archived