colorstrips---missing something??

rxnet

• Members

I own three of these and have used them at a few shows...but everytime I use them I ask myself why they didn't put in a 6th dimmer channel...maybe I'm missing something??

Mine dim just fine I'm using Chauvet 40b dmx controller on my controller it fader number 3 for light density

• Members

I'm not that happy with my colorstrip anymore either. I wish I would have went with led cans. Any of the "cool?" auto programs don't really fit, even though we do new wave dance stuff. They are bright but drown out the beams of the scanners. If it gets quiet in sound active mode, they start rapidly scrolling through the program, which really sucks. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Most of the time I stay away from those programs and just RGB color mix a scene. I could do that with cans and be more interesting. If I would'nt take an ass beating, I'd sell them.

• Members

I honestly much prefer a mix of Colorpalettes (which I can write my own programs for since they've got full 27 channel control which allows you to mix each of the 8 squares on the face), and LED38 or LED46 cans (I really want to get some of the Irradiant 46s to try out! Compact, long nose to give more space before the diffusion filter, etc). 3 Colorpalettes with 6 LED cans would be a great rear wash rig, and allow for some great color combos by having the two fixtures at different colors.

• Members

I played a place earlier this month that had house lights, and they were all LED Par64s. They light the stage just fine, but there's not really any "eye candy" for the audience, which for us was entirely the point. They just see Par can with a "lite brite" effect.

From the front it's better, because the audience doesn't see the "lite brites", but when they're mounted behind, they're not interesting to the eye at all.

I told the guy that runs the place that I wanted to bring our ColorStrips in, and he said "We've got house lights, but if you want to bring 'em in and run 'em, it's no skin off my nose."

After the show, he told me that he was impressed enough to contact the clubowner about getting some themselves.

• Members

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in the colorstrips as well. IMO the programs are geared more toward techno/DJ use and unless used very sparingly in other applications (as someone mentioned above) can be distracting. I end up using the RGB mode more often than not.

• Members

don't get me wrong..for a rear wash and haze its a great effect and great wash with numerous colors...but there are times you need to tone down your back wash...channel 3 is for flash/speed or green depending on what mode you have channel 1 in...no dimming...again unless I'm missing something in the manual

Archived