Anybody know of any places that have a hot deal on Chauvet LEDsplash 152B?

• Members

I wonder why Chauvet discontinued these products so quickly (38 Tri's and 38-18's). They are shown in the Chauvet 2010 product brochure as "new products". Wow, did not even last a year on the market. When I was looking for lights for my back truss, I compared about 6 or 7 different fixtures and to me the 38-18 was the best for the price, even at the $125 - $130 price I was paying back then.

To the OP, I don't know what your applications are for the 152b's, but if your are looking for front band lighting you may want to hold off and try to get the 200b's. I'm not sure the 152b's would be bright enough. I have 4 of the 200b's and they are barely are enough for front lighting. I supplement them with old school par 38's to get enough light. HOwever, the 200b's are nice because they do not give me "beams" from the front, which I do not want, and they don't overpower the movers and pearls on the back truss. I think the 200b's are only about $35 more per can at NSL.

• Members
I wonder why Chauvet discontinued these products so quickly (38 Tri's and 38-18's). They are shown in the Chauvet 2010 product brochure as "new products". Wow, did not even last a year on the market. When I was looking for lights for my back truss, I compared about 6 or 7 different fixtures and to me the 38-18 was the best for the price, even at the $125 - $130 price I was paying back then.

To the OP, I don't know what your applications are for the 152b's, but if your are looking for front band lighting you may want to hold off and try to get the 200b's. I'm not sure the 152b's would be bright enough. I have 4 of the 200b's and they are barely are enough for front lighting. I supplement them with old school par 38's to get enough light. HOwever, the 200b's are nice because they do not give me "beams" from the front, which I do not want, and they don't overpower the movers and pearls on the back truss. I think the 200b's are only about $35 more per can at NSL.

Looking for something very modest and simple for my solo gigs, which will be mostly very small close stage setups. Lights will be quite close to me. I like them because of their wide spread for a soft color wash. I will be using something a little more defined with amber for facial lighting, etc. I have larger lighting for the full band setup, although those Tri-38s also look interesting for that area.

Archived