Question about chase/scene toggle on an Obey 70 controller

• Members

Recently purchases an Obey 70 lighting controller . Have addressed my lights to the desired channels & they are responding accordingly. I can enter the scene pgm mode & pgm scenes on the various banks & play these back manually without a problem . My problem is that when I enter a chase mode (manual or auto) I do not know how to jump back to manual scene mode . I want to be able to manually engage individual scenes & then on the fly activate a chase & then be able to jump back into any one of my previously programmed scenes. Once I activate the chase mode it does not seem to want to let me out of that mode unless I cycle the power on the controller. I have read the manual cover to cover & do not see a solution . Am I missing something ?

• Members

Thank you for the reply . I am almost sure I tried that & the chase # on the display would change to a different chase # that I had not even selected, but I will try again this afternoon. Another question . When programming a chase sequence is there a way to pgm the speed & fade time into the chase so that when the chase is selected it is automatically set to the desired speed ? Sorry but I am a newbie & the Chauvet manual leaves allot of question unaddressed .

• Members

Ok I verified & you were right pressing the chase button does take me back out of the chase mode & back into scene mode. Thank you for that . Now let me ask another question about the Obey 70 Controller. Say I am manually selecting prearranged scenes & wanted to go into a predefined chase. If I am in manual scene mode & select a chase button I have to hit the auto mode then set the speed via the speed & fade sliders. Ok so now I want to exit the chase mode & hit one of my scenes in manual mode so I can stay on that scene until I select another. From what I am seeing when I am in auto chase mode & come out to scene mode it is remaining in auto mode . Is there no way to have it so that the chases are in auto & the scenes are in manual mode automatically . It seems crazy to have to choose a chase put it in auto mode then exit chase mode only to have your scenes start ticking off until you can switch back to manual mode. I want to have a chase for faster parts of the song & then land on a scene right as the music makes the shift . Any ideas please??

• Members

Sounds like you're trying to do a bit more than the Obey 70 wants to think about - I've tried similar things with the DMX70 (almost the same controller, just a different color) - I'd advise sweeping up a used Magic 260 or MLC16 or MLC128R or ShowDesigner 1 on eBay. Any of those controllers will let you do what you want to do. It will really let your show go to the next step in the way you want to right now.

• Members

Soundlight is probably right that you need to step up to a higher level controller (or computer program); however, it still seems you should be able to do what you are trying to do. I don't use my obey 70 in such a manner. I mainly control RGB and effects manually and use the chases for my movers. I will be using my system Friday night and can see what I can do to replicate what you are attempting. If I have any luck I'll let you know.

Jason

• Members

One workaround is to have only one scene in a bank - this way when you are in auto mode only that scene will come up since when in auto mode it chases through all of the scenes in a bank. This kinda kills having multiple scenes available, though.

Archived