Faders not working on DMX controller

Jules@52

• Members

G,day guys first post on this forum hope for some help! I recently purchased a Rave DMX512 controller from my local electronics store, hooked it up to my 4 led par64s assigned each one to its own individual address put terminator on last one. Now they are each doing something differant, the DMX controller has no effect no matter what I move or press, except the blackout button stops the strobe effect in the led assigned to address 17. Am I missing something in my understanding? because I have checked everything, and looked up youtube videos etc., and all say that the faders should change the colors etc., The manual that came with the controller is difficult to follow, doesn't really offer much info either. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Cheers.

• Members

Would post a link but the led par 64s are unbranded. They are 7 channel, I have a spec sheet with info on how to program the digital readout on these but thats about it. I think they are copies of well known brands, they have 184 leds, built in mic. Here is a photo of the spec sheet.Hope that is some help! Cheers.139.JPG

• Members

Ok, powered it all up again, moving the sliders has no effect on anything, blackout button only stops strobe effect on parcan set to channel 17. Have changed all the cables, reset all the addresses, still have some of the lights flashing through the colours by themselves with no control over them, 5 & 6 dont come on at all. Do I have to program the DMX controller to get things to work?,and if so how? as I have no control over the lights. Should add that I am new to all this! Any help will be really appreciated.  Cheers.

Archived