User Videos

Rimmer

• Members

Post your videos in this thread...!

Please try and post the equipment you've used, as much technical information on the venue as you can remember (power facilities, building size etc..) and any other useful stuff so that people can learn from you're experiences..

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

This was taken a year ago. We had 4 colorsplash 196 cans (strategically placed), Chuavet Wave III and two 176 LED colorsplash. The left nothing for backlighting. The club had some weak par lighting, but nothing close to a light show.

Thanksgiving Eve 2008

This is the same club a year later. We've since added a 10ft truss, 2-AMDJ Fusion FX 3 Bars, 1-AMDJ Fusion FX 2 bar. Some 500 watt strobes for backlighting and an Obey 40 controller. $1400 investment but look at the difference.

Thanksgiving Eve 2009

We plan to add a 5 ft truss extention and maybe two color strips for additional back lighting. Any ideas or suggest we'd welcome.

We plan to add two colorstrips for the truss another 5ft extenstio

• Members
You look like the man to ask this basic question. I have a band and we are using about 10 par 56 300 w hallogen lights and 4 Q spot 200's moving heads. I am wanting to get away from the old hallogens and go with LED. Our truss sometimes will run up to 15 feet high. I WANT BEAMS!! Will the LED par 64's with the 1 watt bulbs do the job or will the par 64's with the 10mm (usually 188 or so lights) do it as well. Which is better between these two types of lights. Which will give me more of a old school par can beam. Thanks.

Chuck

• Members

Here is some video from one of our shows a couple of weeks ago. Programmed in DMXIS on a MacBookPro in Cubase as a plugin, running the backing track and recording the audio simultaneously.

8 Colordash Accents, 2 X-Scans, 2 Q-Spots, 2 Tri-Phases, 1 Colordash Batten, 2 200Bs, and a pair of 4-Bars for front light.

&fs=1" width="644" height="390">&fs=1" />" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Many more of our videos can be seen at:

http://www.youtube.com/user/OpenMicRecording

Thanks Rimmer for starting this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Kazak View Post
What stuff dude, edit the link so we can see the "stuff"?
What do you mean? That whole page other than the bad breath test thing at the bottom is our band.
Different venues,different cameras, same songs, different songs.
When you clck the link it pulls up my youtoob page,all of it.
Stiff Richard is our band!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by bigjd View Post
What do you mean? That whole page other than the bad breath test thing at the bottom is our band.
Different venues,different cameras, same songs, different songs.
When you clck the link it pulls up my youtoob page,all of it.
Stiff Richard is our band!
I think the confusion is that this is obviously a lighting forum therefore the emphasis is on 'Lighting' in the videos. It was really a sticky for people to show they bands to people per se and it looks a little like your simply linking to your bands performances.. poke.gifwink.gif

• Members
This is where I post the most,and I use my lighting at most gigs.
Granted it's not always elaborate but it's still a place where people can see what im doing with my lighting setup.
Oh yeah my bands in there too.
All's good. I just thought there was something specific we were supposed to look at.. biggrin.gif

Happy New Year..!

Rimmer

• Members

We had a party on NYE at a friends house and it was the first time I was able to use DMXIS with my new lights.
I have some pics here.

I had two colorpalettes, a Martin DC3 colorwheel, and two LEDrain 56's out front. I didn't bother bringing the par 38s.
In back I had the four irradiant 6079's, two SCX500's, two colorstrips for uplighting, the MBT hazer, a goofy mirror ball and a blacklight to light the sign.

I also had my fcb1010 set up to just control 10 scenes through dmxis. It all worked pretty well for the first test run.

• Members
As usual SL awesome,and of course you must pass along a fixture list and controller info.
It's in the video description, but I'll put it here as well:

4x Martin MAC250 Entour
3x Elation DLED Tri-Brick
2x Chauvet COLORsplash Jr
1x Chauvet COLORpalette (I don't think it was used in either of these two videos, but it's there!)
10x PAR46 (2 for drum sidelight, 8 for frontlight, mix of NSP and MFL lamps)
10x Pinspots
10x E-105 Mini Strobes (don't think they got used in these videos, but i should have!!)
4x 150w outdoor floodlights for blinders
3x 4ch dimmer packs
about 20' of trilite truss
4 crank stands, 2 with t-bars, 2 with truss adapters
ETC Smartfade ML and Smartfade 24/96 for control. Conventionals run off of the 24/96, movers and LEDs on the ML.

Quote Originally Posted by LightingPimp View Post
looks good , but im going to be honest i had to mute the video the vocals were horrid
Sorry 'bout that, I wasn't the one in charge of recording. You could also barely hear the guitars, and everything is just muddy as hell. I wish I'd spent some time on sound rather than leaving it up to the other folks, but we had enough trouble getting the recording software running.

Archived