New fire effect. ADJ Fog Fury Jett...

• Members

Added a new effect...

I picked up a pair of fixtures called Fog Fury Jett, by American DJ. It's basically a smoke machine with LED's around the nozzle. It's an RGBA fixture so you can make the "flame" any color. I kept it simple due to time constraints, and had red at 100% and Amber at around 25%. The nice thing is you can run it for a good 10 seconds or so, and it's absolutely 100% safe. You could stand over top of it if you wanted. Chauvet has the Geyser RGB. Costs a bit more. As you can see it really puts out and is an awesome effect!! Full DMX control

4496CA43-1704-4AF3-8D17-708E2271D277.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Those are cool fixtures. I might get a bunch of them for my 80's and 90's tributes.

Hey so your front lighting seems WAY dim. Is that by choice? If you watch concerts the front lights are always nice and bright and the performers are lit. I would really beef up your front with some nice White/Amber. It will be the icing on the cake for your show as the rest of your lights are very well done and full. Just some constructive thoughts there brother but nice and thanks!

• Members

The trouble with the front ones is that I have no way to mount them to the speaker so they are alway a good 4' further out than I'd like them to be. Maybe our next gig there I'll try mounting them to the speakers, even with just some all-round. I was debating mounting speaker pole cups on the. Tops of my Unity15's but I'm not crazy about cutting into them with a hole saw.

• Members

I love the FFJ! You need at least 2 of them, so kind of spendy. They can mount up on the truss pointing out or down as well, very versatile.

As for the front lighting i agree it can be difficult with a SOS portable system. Mine are speaker mounted, but the angle is rarely optimal. In addition, I work with a lot of older performers that look better with less light. If the band has a bunch of 20 somethings then by all means light them up.

I'm still looking for a decent 40 deg led light to use as a front wash. They are all either to narrow (25 deg) or too dim (cob lights). The bright cob's are too expensive. I'm using PAR 38's with 70W floods & gels for the time being.

• Members
I would have fun hanging out with that band. Were's the crowd?

This was at a 60th anniversary gig for our local union at work. 150 of them were retirees. We played 3 sets, done at 1am. So the first 2 has lots of country etc. The trick was to not scare away the grey hairs but try to keep the younger ones around.

At 12:45 the hall staff started taking down tables which pissed off the organizers because it made it look like it was shutting down. I saved the fog fury Jett's for the last 2 songs as I knew it was going to smoke the fuuuuuudge out of the place.

I have some quicker disapating fluid on order. That will make them more useable.

• Members

I bought Trusst Glo Totems to put behind and in front of my band. Basically I have 4, 8ft totems behind us, each with a Chauvet Rogue Moving fixture on top. The rear corner Totems each have one COLORdash Par-Hex 12 mounted under the Moving head and the 2 center rear totems have 2 Hex 12's each. In the front of stage each side I have a Totem with a Rogue R1 Spot on top with a Truss bar mounted just below W/ 3 COLORdash Par-Hex 12's mounted. They are my front Amber/White lights. I also have a SWARM FX mounted on each center rear totem to hit the dance floor, a bunch of colorbars on for the drum riser, and 2 Colorband Pix-M Movers which are very cool and a couple more small Zoom Wash movers for the floor...

But anyway the Powerful Front Washes and the mover spots I have on my totems out from are WAY WAY more than enough to light the entire stage.

Archived