I Need a Simple, Fast to set up but professional lighting setup for Corporate/Wedding band.

sventvkg

• Members

I was thinking 2 Chauvet 4 Bar Flex for wash on the sides in the front and 2 Gigbar IRC's for the rear plus a HAZE machine Maybe some Misc spots or a couple of movers. Each of the 4 Charvet's would be on a Wireless DMX and I'd use software to create and control the light show as it will be automated and integrated into our show via MIDI.

Is this enough or do you recommend more? Our setup time is about an hour total. Band is 4 piece and 2 singers.

We have budget but obviously don't need to go crazy if its not needed. There will be an extensive video show with 2 stacked 65" LED screens on each side in the back and a 70" over the drummer.

Again, the emphasis is on fast, easy setup. Mostly need washes on the performers and a spot here and there for solo's. The Gigbar's in the back add the movement, pizzaz etc. A decent Hazer is a music because many venues do not allow fog that's not water based. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

We want to step it up to a more professional look. We want some movers but don't know how many we need. We know that you have to have a good consistent wash together first and we need robust, bright LED's. What we are envisioning is what you see at these bigger churches as far as production. Let me explain and I'll link some pictures so you can envision.

On each side rear stage we will have two 65" LED TV's stacked for a video wall and center behind/above the drummer there will be a 70" TV. So our video show will be akin to what you see in bigger church productions. Yes I know projected systems would be better but it's too time consuming to set up. Think something like this with screens as I described though.

hip-church.jpg?w=676

And likewise for lights, We want a look on par of these.

lighting.jpg

IMG_7518.jpg&h=272&w=410&zc=1&q=92

Robe%20Christ%20Fellowship%20Worship%20Centre%20IMG_5609-m.jpg

You get the picture. Now, the challenge is how to create this and still have setup time be manageable. I know I want moving lights on the rear wall on uplit truss type stands...I could hang some truss arms off them with some wash lights as well. I can't see how I could use truss for anything else as the set up time, weight and logistical challenges wouldn't work within the setup timeframes. I was thinking or the 2 mover spots on either side of the center Video screen, rear and then 2 wash trees on tripod stands, one in each corner with wash...High intensity LED Pars or the equivalent. Than essentially the same out front. A Tree of LED wash in front each side with one mover spot per side. After that I would guess some movers on the ground....I really don't know. Looking for ideas.

As far as budget Bill, we have $$ but don't want or need to spend more than we need to. So far it looks like we need a couple good HAZER units and the movers need to be able to cut through so that means more expensive ones. I have seen the new ADJ Inno spot Pro LED and was impressed with the crisp beam, the new LED technology and feature set for the $$....Also, the new Martin MH 5 looks nice.

Anyway, advice is appreciated thanks!

• Members

6 piece band. Typical wedding/Corp hotel ball room size stages. 20-30' X 12-20 on Average. Sometimes more, sometimes tighter.

Most gigs can't use Haze:( so if we want some movement I've been advised to hybrid moving head wash fixtures like Chauvet Rogue, ADJ Z7 etc.

We will have a dedicated FOH and an assistant to watch over lights/video. All cues and the whole show will be automated and run in Qlab. Tracks,

video and lights synced.

I guess what I'm asking is for a basic good layout that covers the band, creates some excitement and a few fixtures on the crows as well..for that we were thinking of a couple of the new Chauvet Swarm 5's

Our video wall has changed since we can't have the haze beam type concert lights we like the look of. In response we decided to make the video wall much more of a main attraction. I will be 3 zones back wall, each with two 70" LED screens stacked:)

• Members

I think for quick set up you should go with a series of totems. You can use them to support your stacked LED screens at center and put a multi head mover atop. http://www.blizzardlighting.com/products/moving-head-lights/item/20-blade-runner-rgbw

Then two or three of various sizes to each side to achieve both back and side lighting positions. These back and side lighting positions can provide wash lighting and movement. http://www.blizzardlighting.com/products/all-in-one-lighting-systems/item/209-weather-system

The downstage totems will also be the perfect position for effects fixtures on the crowd.

Each of the totems can be pre-wired and simple jumper sets can provide power and DMX from tower to tower.

Archived