Help with Obey 70 and fixtures

trevcda

• Members

I have an Obey 70 and several each Chauvet Intimadator 1.0 and Color Strips. I also have many lasers and other effect lights that I'll leave out of the equation for now, to keep it simple.

The way I understand DMX, it's a fixture with X channels and each channel is looking for a 1 to 255 value to do what it's told. Each fixture must start at the correct address to either do what a similar fixture is doing (same address) or operate independently (next fixture starting address in the case of the Obey) Easy enough. But the Obey 70 only allows for values from 0 to 100 on each channel. What's the deal? What am I missing? This is probably my first of many questions on getting this system up and running.

• Members

Just talked to Chauvet tech support. I would have called sooner but it was the weekend and I'm impatient! They say that it should read 0 to 255 and that they've seen this issue before. First up is a factory reset. Second is a little operation they haven't told me about yet. The bummer is I bought this for a gig a year ago last August and when it wasn't a no brainer, I put it back in the box, waiting until I had a few moments to play around with it, which was last weekend! I think the 30 day exchange period might be up. It sounds like they are willing to help me get it taken care of. I hope so.

Archived