Using Midi Keyboard to control Dmx lights

• Members

I have searched and searched google but cant find anything specific to what I am trying to do.

I run lights for a church. We use an Elation Stage Setter 8 to control the lights. The bump buttons are a bit unresponsive sometimes so I am trying figure how to control the stage setter with an M-Audio Axiom 25 Midi Keyboard. I've got the keyboard functioning with the light controller at this point but I'm looking for a software to help program the keys. I cant seem to find the software with m-audio on their site. Is a software for WIndows or Mac that could be used for this purpose? Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

• Members

Don't understand? Program keys? I'm pretty sure the controller you mentioned only sends a certain midi note , I should say see's only a certain midi note to do a scene change. those notes are in the manual. I haven't looked in a LLLOOOONNNNGG time. But you should be able to configure your keys to send that note when you want it to.

• Members
Don't understand? Program keys? I'm pretty sure the controller you mentioned only sends a certain midi note , I should say see's only a certain midi note to do a scene change. those notes are in the manual. I haven't looked in a LLLOOOONNNNGG time. But you should be able to configure your keys to send that note when you want it to.

Well, I'd like to assign each group of lights to a particular key on the keyboard or even the pads. The actual challenge is figuring out how to program the actual keyboard. The user guide is not very clear. It basically tells you what you can do IF you know how to program it. It doesn't actually tell you how to program it. I figure a software would make it easier...possibly.

Archived