Software DMX Controller

jcpatte2

• Members

Finally back gigging enough to warrant a lighting rig and just now in the planning stages. Thought I'd pick the collective brains around here on what is the best solution for controlling DMX via software. My only (minimal) experience is DMXIS on a friends rig. Seems DMXIS + Showbuddy would cover all my bases, Lights/Backing Tracks (L=Click, R=Trax)/Midi Control, but I'd have to buy a laptop whereas I'd rather just use an iPad if I'm only running 2 channels of audio. I guess I could step up to Ableton or something with a laptop. Anyway, just thinking aloud. Any other programs I should be looking at, or better yet, how would you run this show?

• Members

I have been looking extensively into something similar. I keep ending up at dmxis and showbuddy, or ableton as well. I have looked at ipad only, and the enttec ODE with Luminair app for ipad is an option. But if you want backing tracks and lights, I would go the laptop route. And maybe an ipad. I have a Mac mini in my rack, and use an ipad, or a fcb1010 foot pedal for controlling dmxis. I am looking into showbuddy now too.

• Members

Ended up with a piece of a 375 bolt permanently in his shoulder but he's ok, other than he was a little off kilter anyways.

Hey been using those china wireless units for awhile now myself without a single problem by the way.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived