Lasers in Lighting

cappttenron

• Members

I admit I know almost nothing about lasers except I think they look pretty cool.  Could someone tell me exactly what you are getting say in a unit that is 300 dollars vs 100 dollars vs the 30 dollar lasers?  One of the most common is Galaxian and I see chinese knockoffs very cheap. Are the components just of so much lower quality?

Thanks in advance.

• Members

I have the galaxian and like it. Cuts through very well. With the Chinese, my guess is you will get something very similar. Just less of the quality control. So a dud is far more likely. But, is also very likely to work just fine. And most of the suppliers offer a one year warranty too....but, you may spend more time sending units back and forth,

From what I have seen on here, there are many Chinese lights that are identical to to the name brands, just not branded. And they don't go through the same testing, and, probably not the same customer service. Although, the few I have dealt with, seem very concerned that you received what you want and that you are happy. As long as you can decipher their broken english emails!

Archived