Anyone tried or heard the new Alesis multimix mixers?

• Members

Originally posted by amphicar47

The little 6fx , 99$ with effectswith a couple of powered speakers would sure be a cheap easy solo or duo set up. And the 12fxd has a digital out for 299$ might work well with the alesis masterlink im thinking of buying.

Bumperex

• Members

I remember waiting to read your reports on those dawn speaker systems. By the way how are they doing? I am attempting to do sound for my wife. I have a fender passport to review if anybodys interested. It was my first venture into a music store before i found this web site. I now have a yorkville ap812 powered mixer with yorkville nx20's that she uses. I also bought an allen heath icon digital powered mixer that i got a great deal on.Ive got a sony cdr33 recorder, I had a tascam 700 but it stopped working.She gigs 6 to 7 nights a week way down here in key west. So we dont get to go and try out different gear. And we go on right after another act on a packed pier of people eating so i dont get a sound check or a chance to experiment and she gigs 6 or 7 days a week so I cant ask her to play on her one day off so i can experiment. I have to rely on this website. Im lucky she was blowing people away using the fender passport. I cant learn about sound because Im working 6 or 7 nights a week as a soundman way down here in the boondocks. I want to buy midas and nexo or meyers but she plays outside on a pier over the salt water with no roof above her so i think it would be dumb to buy top of the line stuff even thou she deserves it.

• Members

I remember waiting to read your reports on those dawn speaker systems. By the way how are they doing? I am attempting to do sound for my wife. I have a fender passport to review if anybodys interested. It was my first venture into a music store before i found this web site. I now have a yorkville ap812 powered mixer with yorkville nx20's that she uses. I also bought an allen heath icon digital powered mixer that i got a great deal on.Ive got a sony cdr33 recorder, I had a tascam 700 but it stopped working.She gigs 6 to 7 nights a week way down here in key west. So we dont get to go and try out different gear. And we go on right after another act on a packed pier of people eating so i dont get a sound check or a chance to experiment and she gigs 6 or 7 days a week so I cant ask her to play on her one day off so i can experiment. I have to rely on this website. Im lucky she was blowing people away using the fender passport. I cant learn about sound because Im working 6 or 7 nights a week as a soundman way down here in the boondocks. I want to buy midas and nexo or meyers but she plays outside on a pier over the salt water with no roof above her so i think it would be dumb to buy top of the line stuff even thou she deserves it.

The Dawns were "not for me" [they shipped out yesterday] They were good at house parties but lost in a bigger room...they just do not project enough. My latest downsizing attempt is a pair of keyboard amps. Yeah, I know I'm completely off the page with this one but I CAN'T STOP MYSELF!!!

Good luck - maybe we can check out the show next time we're down there.

• Members

clapton thanks for trying out those dawns for me. I just saw you live in ft myers how to see you some time. You can watch my wife at sloppyjoes.com on the 21,23,27,27 of this month from noon to 4 they have a live streaming video and the sound comes thru quite well Her name is Raven Cooper she is 21 years old she was a drummer till i found her 2 years ago and locked her up in the woods of maine with just a guitar.

• Members

clapton thanks for trying out those dawns for me. I just saw you live in ft myers how to see you some time. You can watch my wife at sloppyjoes.com on the 21,23,27,27 of this month from noon to 4 they have a live streaming video and the sound comes thru quite well Her name is Raven Cooper she is 21 years old she was a drummer till i found her 2 years ago and locked her up in the woods of maine with just a guitar.

Oddly enough, I think the Dawns would suit your situation petty well - but if you're doing good with what you're using, carry on.

[ I have ample experience in travelling backwards!]

Two years in the woods with a guitar........21...............

...................you da man.................

• Members

I am fortunate enough to have been given a CD of Raven singing. It is extremely easy to see why whe packs the house. Have not made it down to the Keys to see her yet (two aborted trips ended up in the Thousand Islands instead) but hope to soon. From Ft. Myers I'd be tempted to take the ferry.

• Members

In my last post I meant to say hope to see you down here sometime. By the way im 47 we have a 5 year old it was hers before i met her.

We get down there a few times each year in the summer - we'll see you one time yet!

BTW:

I have a 6FX ordered and will be reporting on the good/bad late next week. I am in the process of lowering my standards to accomodate portability and can't resist any new "Swiss Army Knife" unit.........[ Yes, I still suspect the EFX will suck - but who knows!] - Har!

• Members

Originally posted by TheFriendlySponge

Am I the only one who thinks that Behringer OEMs those new mixers for Alesis?

They're a spitting image for Behringer's low-end stuff.

If they look alike, it's my guess that they're probably built in the same Chinese factory. It seems that more and more companys are looking at China for a manufacturing source. Mackie also moved some of their manufacturing to China recently.

• Members

Clapton thanks for trying the little 6fx out for us. If you send me your address i will send you some of my wifes music. Her name is raven cooper, you can catch her tomorrow the 23rd at sloppyjoes.com they have a live streaming cam and the audio comes thru surprizingly good she also plays their on the 27 28th of this month and the 7 13 20 24 25 31 of august. you can send me your address to ravenkw@bellsouth.net

• Members

Well, the 6FX has arrived and I have played with it a little bit....

First blush conclusions:

The EFX are GOOD .........no, not great - but tons better than those on a Carvin powered mixer I had or a Nanoverb. It even has pitch shift for those helium voices and cave-beast growls....!

Small and lightweight [almost toy-like] we'll see how sturdy....

What's not to like for $99 shipped?

• Members

thats good news so far. Im thinking of getting a yorkville elite e500p speaker eventually 2 of them. I wish yorkville made a 12" powered elite. They just make little 10" and the 15" e500p . Ive got the yorkville nx20's so i dont want the powered 12" nx version. I want to move up to the elites. For 99$ delivered that and a e500p ithink there about 950$ so for around a thousand dollars you could have a kick ass solo gig set up. Rather than 2 behringer powered speakers and mixer or behringer powered mixer and speakers or a fender passport.

• Members

Originally posted by Clapton's SG

Well, the 6FX has arrived and I have played with it a little bit....

First blush conclusions:

The EFX are GOOD .........no, not great - but tons better than those on a Carvin powered mixer I had or a Nanoverb. It even has pitch shift for those helium voices and cave-beast growls....!

Small and lightweight [almost toy-like] we'll see how sturdy....

What's not to like for $99 shipped?

I think it uses the Pico-Verb chipset (probably the "B" revision) which is indeed an excellent sounding basic effects package. I have designed products using that chipset and it's almost impossible to beat. Other manufacturers seem intent on creating their own cheap sounding low priced digital effects but with this chipset... why bother perpetuating crap when Alesis has a clear winner?

Archived