Getting the Speaker out of a tunnel

• Members

Any tips on frequencies to work on to get rid of the tunnel sound?

We set up in an middle school auditorium, so the accoustics are not that good, but I still think there is room for improvement.

We have a three band with a mid sweep on the board. We also have a 31 band on the main out.

Thanks,

Steve

• Members
Originally posted by HighFlightMusic

Any tips on frequencies to work on to get rid of the tunnel sound?

We set up in an middle school auditorium, so the accoustics are not that good, but I still think there is room for improvement.

We have a three band with a mid sweep on the board. We also have a 31 band on the main out.

Thanks,

Steve

Somewhere in the lower mids probably. Maybe in the 300-1000hz range. Is it on everything that goes through the mains,or just certain things? If it is the whole total sound,do it at the main EQ. What does your EQ look like usually as far as where the bands are at?

• Members

As far as I can tell, it's just the one speake on a wireless. I play bass in the band (and am trying to teach a couple other people to run sound for the church) so it is a little hard to hear the FOH on the band. Running a CD or listening to the band minus the bass sounds fine though, so I don't think it is a factor for other channels.

Steve

Archived