• Members

Well this post is either gonna start a really interesting discussion or get people mad. Anyways I was thinkin (scary thing in itself) about the Earths resonant frequency. What would happen if ya could get a speaker to play that frequency? And what would ya have to do to make something that can handle frequencies that low? Just some random thoughts... Until next time.......

Gumbi

• Members

I'm going from my ancient and fast-fading memory here ...

The frequencies from 10Hz - 20Hz react directly with the human nervous system. Was it 11Hz or 13Hz that supposedly causes anxiety? The Sensurround system that was deployed to theaters to accompany the movie "Earthquake" was tuned to emit ELF's in that range.

In the 60's and 70's, the US Navy and the Soviets both experimented with ELF transmissions to see if they had any controllable effect on people. As I recall, nothing came of it.

(One conspiracy rumor had it that the Soviets had focused an ELF array on the city of Seattle. Seattle had the highest per capita rate of suicide in the nation at the time. Hmmm ....)

In several major studios in several parts of the country that I've visited or lived in, I did my own straw poll of recording engineers and found that every one of them had discovered a need to HPF the entire recording chain at 4Hz. Not 3 Hz, not 5Hz. (This was before digital, so take that into account.) More than a few said it was the resonant frequency of the Earth. But I can not find documentation to back this up.

I do know that Tesla did research into this and identified 7.8 Hz as the resonant frequency of Earth. And the Schumann Resonance is a measureable set of frequencies (also starting at 7.8) that's based on the electromagnetic field generated by the Earth.

So ... Until I find out more to back my original claim, it looks like the real number is 7.8Hz. Then again, given the possibility of measurement error, 4Hz is close enough to be it's pure sub-harmonic ...

(edit -- this just in: )

Just found some docs that claim that the 7.8Hz resonant frequency has been stable for hundreds of years. But in 1980 it began to rise. It is currently at 11. When it reaches 13, the Earth will supposedly stop rotating and begin to rotate in the opposite direction. (I guess 13Hz is indeed the "anxiety" frequency!)

Does that mean our toilets will no longer flush in the same direction? When it stops, will gravity also stop? If so, will we need to nail our feet to the floor?

On a more serious note: If the Earth's resonant frequency has risen to interact directly with our nervous systems, could this explain the recently identified "short-fuse" phenoms such as Road Rage and other stress/anxiety-related disorders?

Archived