Run stereo or Mono live??

• Members

Ok, I know this has been covered, but I couldn't find it when I searched. The reason I ask is because we always ran stereo untill the right channel stopped working correctly or at all. So, we just started running MONO. We have a new peavey board with 4 mackie powered speakers. I seem to think that its all a little tighter sounding that running stereo. I also seem to think we get just a bit more volume before feedback of any kind. Is this all safe to assume, or am I just mind f-ing myself?

I don't see any reason we sould run stereo unless we wanted to pan the toms to get a special effect, but who the hell would notice that in packed bar full of wasted people?

• Members

The reason I ask is because we always ran stereo untill the right channel stopped working correctly or at all.

LOL.......sounds to me like you don't have a choice anyway. You can run it mono and most people won't notice. If your board is wacked, I'd say to get it fixed because if the other side goes during a gig.........................you're screwed.

• Members

Run the system in stereo for redundancy in case something goes wrong. But don't pan anything.

Only those few people in the center of the coverage area hear a stereo mix. The rest hear something missing.

• Members

Originally posted by RickJ

Run the system in stereo for redundancy in case something goes wrong. But don't pan anything.

Only those few people in the center of the coverage area hear a stereo mix. The rest hear something missing.

Good info... and often ignored!

Archived