Aviom Net Distributor

• Members

Is anyone using this or have experience with it. We are limited in my church to the size of the snake in or FOH system and are considering this unit for monitor purposes. It supposedly provides 16 digital signals in one CAT-5 cable that can then be mixed to taste by each user. It sounds like a great system but I was hoping for some real world comments.

www.aviominc.com

• Members

One my clients uses this system and they love it.....

they take 2 aux sends with a group of basic intruments

then 16 direct outs of more individual inputs and they all mix their on monitors......pretty neat but not cheap!

i think one of reps is the the rep for aviom...

• Members

I have some working knowledge of them. I have the transmitter and 2 workstation for the studio and 2 more workstation on the way. Also Our church is in the process of install the system and I will be a part of that. I think it is a great idea. The cost wellllll.....How expensive is the cost of good monitor and power amps and seperate monitor board. These things are great 16 different mix per workstation.

Hope it helped

Jerry

• Members

The church I work at has the aviom setup with 5 mixers for the band. This system is great because each person is able to mix their own headphones or IEMs to taste.

I like it from a sound guy perspective because I am not trying to please the entire band with two of my 5 monitor sends.

One thing we do that may help you out is all the musicians except the band leader share 2 people to one mixer. We do this by using a TRS Y cable which is 1TRS male to 2 TRS female connectors. Basically just an insert cable. Then we let one person plug their headphones into the left and the other into the right. This gives them a mono headphone mix which is still custom to their needs.

• Members

Justin

Just wondering what type of signal is your bass player send back to the board? Does he go though a pre-amp or use direct out or just going a seperate direct box?

I have tried going directly into a seperate direct box and is still sound great....Just wondering.

Thanks

Jerry

• Members

For our bass player, I use a DI which he plugs into and then the parallel out from the DI feeds his bass amp. Then I also mic his amp which I only pull up when he is soloing and I want to add more of the high end twang to his sound.

All the channels on the aviom are feed by the direct outs on my A&H GL3300. Except for a general bgv mix which comes from the group 7 xlr output.

I am going to convert all the channels on the board to be Direct Outs Pre-fade. But now I just runn all channels on the aviom at unity and mix through the 8 subgroups. This works fine for me right now, I guess since I always mixed that way from the start.

• Members

I was just wondering, cause I don't even use a bass cabinet on stage. It's feed into a pre amp then direct out to the board, then to to aviom and my mix is headphones....I love it. It is real easy on the back.

Jerry

Archived