Replacing M-EQ 230! Good 31 Band EQ?

• Members

How much do you want to spend? You can get a DBX 131 for about $150 new and it's decent; I prefer the longer faders of a 2ru eq.

You can get a Peavey Qf131 w/ FLS for about $250 new...cheaper on ebay used. (The old model was Q431))

or...you could get an Ashly GQX 3102 for about $750 new...very nice piece.

• Members

I don't have experience with a lot of stuff, but we just got an ART HQ 231 from these guys (www.musicworksgroup.com) with our new Yorkville set-up. If you only need one channel, they have the HQ 31 for like $215... the stereo unit was under $250 though.

These have the FLS type leds as well if you're looking for that sort of thing. I think they are great for novices like me.

Both units are 2ru. The LED's are above the mono channels and on the sliders of the stereo unit.

They have XLR, balanced 1/4", and unbalanced phono/RCA type connections.

If you are looking on ebay, I think you will find the quys I mentioned selling on there. They've been great to work with.

Good Luck,

Jason

• Members

I got a steal of a deal on a Peavey Q231FX w/ FLS used for $200. This thing has done wonders for my monitor rig. It's user friendly and I can actually hear my monitors loud and clear. I might even buy another (just to have it) if I can find that kind of deal again.

• Members

Originally posted by SoundMan

Yes, they ripped off our patented FLS circuit. This is a blatant patent violation, that is every bit as bad, or worse than anything Behringer has done. Please do not support this kind of behavior.

Thanks,

SoundMan

Hey Soundman,

Sorry to hear about the patent rip-off. I'm not well acquainted with the FLS stuff to know that it was a rip-off. The guys who sold it to me presented it as similar, but different from the FLS design. I was buying a lot of gear from them (Yorkville powered stuff) and just wanted to best deal as a package... they sell ART, so that's what I bought.

If it makes you feel any better, as a part of our church sound system upgrade, we just bought the 32 channel Peavey board. Nice machine! We're having fun learning all it can do. One glitch we've found though, is on the mute button on one of the AUX sends. It makes a lot of noise when it's half way pushed in. If you push it quickly it's hardly noticeble, but if you are at all slow on the button there is an audible moment of static. The other monitor send is not doing it so there is obviously some thing wrong. What do you reccomend we do? Is this a common problem?

Thanks,

Jason

Archived