Insertable PFL system

• Members

Is there anything out there that can be inserted on to channels to have a headphone reference to. Because sometimes i'm running sound and someone may need to cue a tape, and i may need to cue a wireless mic at the same time and it is kind of hard to do during a show. The only think that i can think of would be like an Aviom system, but i wouldn't need something that complex. Just something that i could cue channels without affecting the headphone cue on the console.

• Members

Originally posted by agedhorse

What about the PFL on the console???

Sometimes someone may be sitting beside me using it to cue up a tape, cd, minidisc etc. and i would have to wait for them to be done before i could use it. This way i could monitor mics, instruments, etc. and the other person could do whatever.

• Members

if you're using MI/pro decks, they should have their own phones out. this would be much easier for cueing etc., just make sure you mute it in the house first!

so you're probably better off looking for ways to monitor the output of one or more decks. if you're willing to spend a tad, split one channel (mebbe the L, or the R... unless stereo is essential) of each deck and feed it into a small behringer mixer or something.

so tape R out to the house, L split to house and to mixer. likewise, CD, etc. if you have RCA outs from the decks, a simple MRCA > 2xFRCA would work.

hope this helps

AS

Archived