monitor suggestions

• Members

Thanks,

and a few more questions

Well the qsc 1450 worked fine very nice clear sound. Lots of positive comments from prty goers and musicians. I was curious, I had the amps set at about 3:00. and it was loud enough. But honestly couldnt have handled a much larger venue . The Band had Three horns, 2 vocals , drum kit , congas , 2 guitars. The 2 vocals and horns and harmonica were miked on three mikes and I ran keys and a condensor flute mike through the board also. It was loud enough for a 100 person party outdoors. I ran no monitors so 2 of the mains were folded back to give some sound to the band . I had keyboard duties and couldn't really hear myself play. ( could I run in ears off the board?) I heard i was great but then again these are my friends :) .

I am giving up the idea of subs for awhile and concentrating on monitors. Can any one give me some ideas

Here are mine

1 . a keyboard amp ? ( and hopeful put it right in the ear of some guitarist who thinks hes stevie ray) (now now be nice)

2 . I have 3 small spot monitors , similiar to hot spots ( eden) no amps built in and 2 - 250 watt mono amps- 1 for the vocals -1 for keys (myself) 1 for drummers?

3. Speak to me oh wise ones

I am on a budget be kind

Respectfully,

mike

• Members

1) don't operate your amps at anything but 100%

if you want to choke the volume of the system use the LR Faders on you mixer....seriosly thats their funtion!

Ideally you want to sound check at -0- this way you know nothing is going to feedback or clip when 3rd set rolls around and you decide to give it a lil more gas.....-0- is were the system should be run at max volume (before you start cheating)

The problem with keeping the amp volumes at 3/4 is what if your punching the crap out of the rig and some jocker decides to do you a favor and turn those knobs up all the way on ya and nothing good will come of that.......it just a bad (but common) practice.....

You paid for those watts ....use em

Monitors: - honestly the hot spots wont cut it - keyboard amp is ok but with vocals it will be tough to get it loud enough without feedback.......i'd just look into some inexpensive stage monitors such as yorkville performance series or community wedges have been spoken kindly of around hear........then use the 250w mono amps to drive em....

Good luck

Archived