setting up practice room

• Members

Originally posted by deadblood19

is there a right way to set up a practice room? i get bad feed back in my room, i got the bass amps drums and guitar amps on one side and mic speakers on the other is there a better way to set up...

Mics facing away from speakers.

Turn down.

• Members

Feedback really only has to do with where the vocal mics are in relation to the PA speakers/monitors. You do NOT want to have the mics in front of the speakers, thats the best rule of thumb that I know of.

Also, there are two ways to practice in my opinion, in a circle all facing each other, or in a line, just like you would be on stage. Each one has it's own pros and cons. Practicing in a circle is good for writing songs and working on parts together, it's a good studio/recording practice formation because you can really pay close attention to everyone else in your band. A con is that what you are hearing in this formation most likely won't be what you hear on stage when you gig. Which is where playing in a line, or stage formation comes in handy. That way everyone gets use to their own space and how everything is going to sound, the downside is that you can loose touch with the other members, you really have to listen. Of course this is all out the window if you each have your own monitor.

I hope you find this useful.

Archived