Awesome Gig.

• Members

Usually, I don't post about gigs but we had an awesome gig this weekend. We did a fundraiser for The American Cancer Society. It totally rocked. There were 400 people there and 300 of them were on the dance floor all night long. The good part about it was the feeling of giving something back. We donated part of the take back to the benefit and we helped to raise a fair amount of money in the process. It was a win win situation for everyone involved. Gigs like that make all the bad ones worth getting through. Here's a pic from the gig. It's pretty easy to see why it was so much fun. We had a fair share of pretty ladies on stage with us for most of the night. :cool: I'm the guy with the Telecaster.

• Members

Awsome gigs are like awsome sex or awsome cooking... they take a good blend of skill, practice and sheer luck.

Agreed. I have a friend who is a hockey goaltender. He say's that luck is when opportunity meets preparedness. I say luck is when he doesn't get his head taken off. :D

• Members

I love my cupholder. Those things are great.

We too had one of our best shows ever this weekend. Have gotten a great following at this strip mall sports bar. 5 encores with 50 people still dancin' into the wee hours. Found out today they broke a sales record as well and we made some nice jack!

• Members

Actually, the last few that we've done were like that. We lost our original guitarist then we got another. Things weren't the same. Although the new guy was getter.......the band was worse. Then the new guy left and we got the original guy back. Finally after another year, the original guy left again and we replaced him with 2 new guys. I was petrified that it was gonna suck again but it seems to be starting to really blow me away. I'm having a blast. I guess that things turn out the way that they are supposed to. All along, it's been the drummer, the bass player and me. We worked 2 new guys into the picture in less than 3 weeks and the first gig that they did was in front of 500 people at a club that had a 400 person capacity. I guess that it's all good. :D

• Members

We too had one of our best shows ever this weekend. Have gotten a great following at this strip mall sports bar. 5 encores with 50 people still dancin' into the wee hours. Found out today they broke a sales record as well and we made some nice jack!

Gotta love it. We did a gig a month ago and my guitar player heard one of the bartenders say "We're runnin out of beer." I love it when the place is that packed. It has a way of elevating your performance.

Archived