Speaker Grills Full Face

• Members

Originally posted by ctardi

Your local metal supplier will sell it in 4'x8' sheets, some of them will sell half or quarter sheets.

Correct. I bought some (expanded metal) from a place that sells construction iron and steel products. In it's raw form it can be pretty grungy. Also it comes in different thicknessed (Sorry I don't remember which seemed to be the minimum useful gage) so be sure to check it out before you buy.

• Members
Originally posted by JRBLE

Correct. I bought some (expanded metal) from a place that sells construction iron and steel products. In it's raw form it can be pretty grungy. Also it comes in different thicknessed (Sorry I don't remember which seemed to be the minimum useful gage) so be sure to check it out before you buy.

Ya,my local metal place sells it in full sheets. But it is uncoated and has surface rust on it a lot of times.

• Members

Now, that just depends on where you are buying it from...the place here buys only from US and Canada, so the steel is of good quailty, and is also coated in some kinda gunk...but it comes off fairly easily.

If they can cut it to size for you, that's a bonus, it can be a pain to cut yourself.

Archived